MDR Menu Room Service

BAHunt

I thought I read somewhere that you could order MDR dinner menu items as room service.

Is this true? If so, during what hours?

We booked a couple excursions that return right around dinner time and it would be nice to relax on the balcony w more dinner options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought I read somewhere that you could order MDR dinner menu items as room service.

Is this true? If so, during what hours?

We booked a couple excursions that return right around dinner time and it would be nice to relax on the balcony w more dinner options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can order through Room Service whatever you want from the MDR menu during the hours that the Dining Room is open for dinner.

A few LED candles would be a nice touch for a twilight dinner on your balcony.

Write down your selections from the posted menu and call during the ordering window. Unless you're in a Neptune Suite or the Pinnacle Suite, all your courses will arrive at once. (They'll be on warmers, so It shouldn't be too big a deal.)

Keep in mind that most verandahs don't have a table big enough to eat a meal on. Signature suites and up do have a table and chairs big enough for a meal, but even the Vista suites on the K'dam only have the little (basketball sized) short table between the two deck chairs.

In the past we have contacted Ship Services and requested that a larger, round table be "loaned" to our verandah. It was on the K'dam and it was there when we boarded. Worked out nicely.

Also keep in mind that you can order certain items from the Pinnacle Grill delivered to your room for a very reasonable price. Check with the Pinnacle Grill for details.

Write down your selections from the posted menu and call during the ordering window. Unless you're in a Neptune Suite or the Pinnacle Suite, all your courses will arrive at once. (They'll be on warmers, so It shouldn't be too big a deal.)

You have to order during 'ordering window' but can request delivery at anytime during which MDR is open and serving dinner.

You have to order during 'ordering window' but can request delivery at anytime during which MDR is open and serving dinner.

Where would I learn of the ordering window? TIA. I've actually done this in the past, but wasn't aware there was a window.

Where would I learn of the ordering window? TIA. I've actually done this in the past, but wasn't aware there was a window.
Call room service, or ask the concierge if you are in a suite. It will be the same every day.

I had read on other room service threads that the MDR dinner menu was available on the Navigator (No Lido or MDR Lunch menus, though). I liked being able to know in the morning what the dinner menu would be. One thing that is kind of funny: on the first Gala Night, we decided to order in. I started giving my order and the man said, “We don’t have those items tonight!” I had been ordering from the PDF download of the menu, which for some reason differed from the main correct link. And for the entire cruise they never updated the “pdf download” and it had one menu the entire sailing. So just a tip: use the regular link for the daily menu, as the downloadable one may not get updated. I do love being able to order the MDR menu to the room!

Happy Sailing! :)

We always order room service from MDR on Gala nights. We just are not into 2 hour+ MDR dinners any longer. Love being able to do this on HAL and one of the reasons it is our favorite line. Sure hope they don't do away with this "perk" as they have so many other things.

Jane

I would much rather have all courses come at one time on warmers than be served each course individually. We like to eat at our own pace and not have a steward coming back into the cabin with each course or even worse waiting in the cabin for us to finish each course. Since we always are in a Neptune I order the meal be served all at one time and we'll handle serving ourselves each course.

You can order through Room Service whatever you want from the MDR menu during the hours that the Dining Room is open for dinner.

A few LED candles would be a nice touch for a twilight dinner on your balcony.

So, your saying I don't have to dress for dinner...at all! 😂😂😂

Depends. We have a very strictly enforced dress code for our dinners served on the balcony - bathrobes and flip flops.

I would much rather have all courses come at one time on warmers than be served each course individually.

Doesn't work well if the dessert is ice cream.

It would be advisable to be at least partially clothed when the food arrives but after that..........

Note that you are not limited to one soup, one appetizer, one entree for each person. You can order multiples of anything on the menu. My favorite Gala Night Room Service meal is: two shrimp cocktails, two lobster tails (no "turf"), and flourless chocolate cake.

Enjoy your cruise planning.

It would be advisable to be at least partially clothed when the food arrives but after that..........

Note that you are not limited to one soup, one appetizer, one entree for each person. You can order multiples of anything on the menu. My favorite Gala Night Room Service meal is: two shrimp cocktails, two lobster tails (no "turf"), and flourless chocolate cake.

Enjoy your cruise planning.

Thanks for pointing that out. Wife loves lobster. Me, not so much.

Are those large lobster tails or the little warm water tails.

Thanks for pointing that out. Wife loves lobster. Me, not so much.

Are those large lobster tails or the little warm water tails.

Not sure how you size lobster but while sitting in an outdoor cafe in Athens, a fisherman came in with a huge lobster in a cloth bag that the owner weighed at 12 Kg. The owner told us that large lobster are too tough. Here is a photo of a typical Gala Night lobster entree (2):

IMG_1698.jpg