Quantum Class - Jr Suite or Jr Suite with Large Balcony - Which is Better & Why

Looking at the Junior Suites on a couple Quantum Class Ships & Cruises. Which of these Junior Suite categories would you book and why? Is the JS with the Large Balcony a better cabin layout and worth a few hundred more??? If you have stayed in both type which did you like better?

Edited by julesbeara

Looking at the Junior Suites on a couple Quantum Class Ships & Cruises. Which Junior Suite would you book and why? Is the JS with the Large Balcony worth the extra $$$$?

Depends how much extra $$$$.

I have stayed in the jr suite with large balcony. I would only ever book this suite if one of my family/friends were occupying the studio interior room which is next door/"attached" to this suite (see two rooms on the bottom half of this video starting at 0:22

).

If only my husband and I were sailing, I would personally prefer one of the other junior suites (family jr suite or spa junior suite). I'd likely opt for the family junior suite over the spa if I can get it for 2 people only because it has two toilets and it's bigger in size. The spa junior suite is the only junior suite with a separate shower.

In terms of whether any suite is worth the extra money is subjective. For the junior suites, there are no significant benefits on the Quantum ships (except maybe the double points, IMO). I've booked the junior suite because I like the extra space and I like having access to a tub. If I was booking a junior suite because of additional benefits, I'd definitely be in the lo$$ column.

I like the junior suite with the large balcony over the family or spa junior suites.

Being part of that grouping of rooms doesn’t impact you. There is a door from the hall that the three cabins share into a tiny vestibule but then each cabin has their own door. We never saw the people in the other two cabins.

I will attach a few pictures of the room and balcony.

ce0394bf6c2d49587c943694ad546bdd.jpg

c645405ff90ea8b711bbfde5b7f8b6df.jpg

It’s the most familiar layout of a junior suite with wide room, bathroom with tub, and large balcony.

Friends of ours had a spa junior suite and I was anxious to see it. It was smaller than ours and the balcony much smaller. The two bathrooms were interesting but each of them by themselves weren’t big. I prefer the fully contained bathroom in one room.

I didn’t see the family junior suite in person.

You won’t go wrong with any of them, just personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at the Junior Suites on a couple Quantum Class Ships & Cruises. Which of these Junior Suite categories would you book and why? Is the JS with the Large Balcony a better cabin layout and worth a few hundred more??? If you have stayed in both type which did you like better?

I have stayed in both the larger balcony junior suite and the spa suite and prefer the spa suite. I really like the separate 1/2 bath and the shower tub sink room. Defintely more convenient. Felt the room was big enough and balcony was big enough.

• 4 months later...

I am so happy to see pictures of this room. Thank you! I just booked a junior suite with large balcony for Ovation of the Seas in Alaska. I am thinking I will love the larger balcony for site seeing. I have never stayed in a regular junior suite, but the square layout of this room makes it look less cramped.

How many will be on the balcony at one time? Even a standard cabin has a balcony ample for 2 to read or ocean gaze. If you want to have a party on the balcony, then book something with a large balcony....otherwise, and JS will do the trick!