Michael's Pub Contract ends Feb 28th on Quantum Class

cruzingduo

Am I the only one that thinks the location of this pub on Anthem is weird. It sticks out into the middle of the promenade...I know it's a design issue...but never saw anywhere else to post this.

Sorry for the hijack ;)

Am I the only one that thinks the location of this pub on Anthem is weird. It sticks out into the middle of the promenade...I know it's a design issue...but never saw anywhere else to post this.

Sorry for the hijack ;)

I like to call that spot the corner of beer and pizza.

Even if they take away the Michael’s name I hope they don’t change things too much. As a beer drinker I always thought that Michael’s had a much better beer selection than the pubs on other ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like to call that spot the corner of beer and pizza.

Even if they take away the Michael’s name I hope they don’t change things too much. As a beer drinker I always thought that Michael’s had a much better beer selection than the pubs on other ships.

Have you been on the Norwegian Escape? You would be in heaven at the District Brewhouse.

From Royal Caribbean Blog:

Royal Caribbean informed travel agents the cruise line is concluding its contract with Michael's Genuine Pub onboard Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas.

With the ending of the contract, the former locations will become these new venues:

Harp & Horn on Quantum of the Seas — February 26th

Brass & Bock on Anthem of the Seas — February 25th

Amber & Oak on Ovation of the Seas — February 26th

According to Royal Caribbean, the new pub experience, "will offer a wide selection of beer and specialty cocktails, and will also feature a menu of bites."

Will be on Anthem this weekend. Cruisers this week are complaining about their lack of beer stock. Interesting that the food/beverage stock just drops off and there’s an entire ship around her. So do you disappoint your cruisers until you remedy the situation? Sounds like compromise to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be on Anthem this weekend. Cruisers this week are complaining about their lack of beer stock. Interesting that the food/beverage stock just drops off and there’s an entire ship around her. So do you disappoint your cruisers until you remedy the situation? Sounds like compromise to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't stocking items they won't /can't sell after the contract changes. Hence Stella being the only beer on tap.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Have you been on the Norwegian Escape? You would be in heaven at the District Brewhouse.

I was just on it a month ago. Best location of any bar on any ship I've ever been on. Those comfy seats by the window overlooking the water.... amazing.

I would have guessed that they would convert all 3 Michael's into Playmakers.

I think not unfortunately. It looks like they are converting to the 'English' pub model they have on other ships.

Coming from England I'd much prefer an American Sports Bar like Playmakers for our Anthem cruise next year than a mock English pub.

I want to drink Coors and Michelob and eat Buffalo wings watching basketball on a cruise rather than drink Newcastle Brown Ale and eating a pork pie in an English pub. I can get that at the end of my road :D

My American friends here might naturally have a different view.

I would have guessed that they would convert all 3 Michael's into Playmakers.

I totally agree. Been on 3 Anthem sailings. The only times I've ever seen more than 5 people in Michael's Pub was when there was football games on their 2 TVs. Of course, that was the only venue outside of your cabin to watch them on board (along with the big screen on lido). With the apparent TV-list restructuring, a specialized sports-bar would be a $$$ maker for the line.

I want to drink Coors and Michelob and eat Buffalo wings watching basketball on a cruise rather than drink Newcastle Brown Ale and eating a pork pie in an English pub. I can get that at the end of my road :D

My American friends here might naturally have a different view.

You know that Coors and Michelob is just bottled water, right? :P

I totally agree. Been on 3 Anthem sailings. The only times I've ever seen more than 5 people in Michael's Pub was when there was football games on their 2 TVs. Of course, that was the only venue outside of your cabin to watch them on board (along with the big screen on lido). With the apparent TV-list restructuring, a specialized sports-bar would be a $$$ maker for the line.

Michael's was hopping most nights on our cruise once the entertainer got started. We never could get a seat, so we didn't try it.

Switching it to Playmakers makes sense if they have a drydock to do it in. Removing the Michael's branding is doable in an hour or so.

To convert an English pub to a sports bar is much more involved...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is there any cruise line that offers decent craft beer onboard? Or is it just not practical for them to work with small breweries?

Carnival Vista has it’s own small brewery on board —Red Frog Pub. Some of the high tops even had serve yourself draft beer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums