Bed Bugs on Dawn?!?

phoenix1181

I’m more concerned about running into an iceberg in the Caribbean than I am about bed bugs on a cruise ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You wouldn’t be saying that if you brought those buggers home. Lot of money and time and hassle to get rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like to add something to someone who was rude enough to ask if we waited two weeks to post this on Cruise Critic., so here is why, we got back on Friday August 2nd., and my daughter died three days later as she was ill with Cancer., so I had more of a priority at that time, and not writing letters about a cruise. I hope that person understands.

To Phoenix 1181. Just to let you know why we took so long as you say two weeks to post my comment on this site., well we got back Friday August 2nd., rushed straight to the hospital and my daughter died three days later of Cancer., so I had a more important priority going on, than writing about my cruise., I hope this rude person understands this.,

susieq492, I am very sorry for your loss. Having dealt with the same situation, I do understand what a difficult time this is. My prayers are with you and your family.

Since you may not have seen it, below is the apology I posted earlier today.

Thank you for answering our questions. Please accept my apology for my rudeness.

If I may, I'd like to ask one more question. Did you happen to encounter anyone else on your cruise with the same problem? We're going to be on the Dawn in October and bed bugs are not something I want to be concerned with...

OMG! This is why I hang back and hardly ever reply here. So many posters have to raise their "count" and reply to everything and demand forensics/statistics. Wish I had the time to do that...

This thread caught my eye since it could happen anywhere/any ship...

So sorry susieq492. People here are brutal and think they know everything. Credibility with this site dwindles everyday...

So sorry for the your loss of your child. I can't fathom what you are going through. Absolutely devastating Hang in there.....

Just sailed on Norwegian Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda July 27th.

Got bit by something, most likely bed bugs two days after sailing, then again next day, we say tiny red spots on the sheets......reported incident to Guest services, they asked if I went to the hospital on the ship., I did not, because it is a Housekeeping problem. They made a report, changed the sheets, and the next day, hubby got bit. So we have written to NCL and provided pictures of the bites. I believe that there was an incident on cabin 8106 on July 8th and they are investigating it. So another wait and see.....

I call BS on this whole post. Totally seems like a troll post to me! SMH...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going to the Medical Center would have resulted in a big bill for this passanger. I know my insurance would want that charge to go towards my huge deductible and I'd never see the money back for this cruise ship medical visit. And, If we got bedbugs here at home, I wouldn't need to go to a doctor to determine if they are bed bugs. I think a better call would be an exterminator and the ship would surely have someone onboard for that. There is no way I'd be paying for a medical visit either! I wouldn't do it at home, why on a cruise ship?

I do think you could involved the Hotel Director and housekeeping. Not the housekeeping attendant that shows up with new sheets but ask to speak with their boss about bedbugs and whoever is in charge of insect extermination on the ship. Its a better place to determine bedbugs than forcing the passenger to pay for a medical visit.

absolutely not true. I know from experience how NCL would have handled it: no, never had a bed bug problems, but a few others. If there was any reason to think the bites were bed bugs, NCL would not have charged them a penny for visiting the Medical Center. In fact which the OP does not seem to understand, if guest services thought it oould have been bed bugs they would have sent her to Med Canter and the hotel manager would probably put them in another cabin. Just cleaning the cabin would not have gotten rid of the bugs.

I would like to add something to someone who was rude enough to ask if we waited two weeks to post this on Cruise Critic., so here is why, we got back on Friday August 2nd., and my daughter died three days later as she was ill with Cancer., so I had more of a priority at that time, and not writing letters about a cruise. I hope that person understands.

Prayers to you and your family for your loss.