Dawn faves,tips and tricks?

bjcruiser

I just booked the Dawn and am wondering if there is a thread like this already going. If there is please point me in the right direction. If not we will get one going here.

Thank you everyone in advance

Bring an insulated cup. You can pour your drinks into it and the ice won’t melt so quickly in the heat. I had so many people comment on my yeti, I was really happy I brought it.

Breakfast in the dining room was so much better than the buffet.

Bring chair clips to hold your towel on your lounge chair. You can purchase really cheap on Amazon and you can always find you spot.

Have a great time and be patient waiting in line to get on and off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Near the soft serve machine in the buffet, there is chocolate sauce to put on ice cream. If you want chocolate milk, just get some regular milk from the machines everywhere and add some of this sauce, stir vigorously. Voila, awesome chocolate milk!

Do not get a mini suite mid ship on deck 11. You will hear the loud pool music 5 nights until midnight.

Also do not get an aft-facing balcony on deck 8. You will hear loud thumping music every night until 2-3 am. Bliss Ultra Lounge is under your bed.

I should say the speakers are mounted on the lounge ceiling... which is under your bed.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji52][emoji15]

Go to Los Lobos for dinner. Wonderful!

can't wait to eat at Los Lobos. The reviews have been awesome and it is nice to see at attempt at a nice Mexican restaurant. I know there have been some in the past, but they never were really decent in my opinion.

can't wait to eat at Los Lobos. The reviews have been awesome and it is nice to see at attempt at a nice Mexican restaurant. I know there have been some in the past, but they never were really decent in my opinion.

I can't wait to try one of the spice margaritas!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Also do not get an aft-facing balcony on deck 8. You will hear loud thumping music every night until 2-3 am. Bliss Ultra Lounge is under your bed.

I should say the speakers are mounted on the lounge ceiling... which is under your bed.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji52][emoji15]

We have a a deck 8 forward priva-sea balcony booked over the theater.. can anyone verify the noise level in this location? We are not light sleepers or early turn in type of people... will it be an issue and should we relocate?

We have a a deck 8 forward priva-sea balcony booked over the theater.. can anyone verify the noise level in this location? We are not light sleepers or early turn in type of people... will it be an issue and should we relocate?

We just had one of those in February and didn’t notice any noise from theater. It was a nice balcony space as well. Edited to say we were on deck 8 port side; don’t remember cabin number offhand.

We just had one of those in February and didn’t notice any noise from theater. It was a nice balcony space as well.

Thank you!!! We are booked for a 15 night cruise and would hate to have a problem with noise for that long. Super excited!!!

We were on a 10 night cruise on the Dawn in January. Our favorites:

O'Sheehans: We ate lunch there nearly everyday--their wings and Turkey Reubens (ask to substitute turkey for corned beef) are outstanding. We also had most of our drinks there--the bar staff is friendly and very efficient.

Mojito Bar: Another one of our "go to" bars for fast and efficient service. If you're going to drink something other than mojitos, I'd recommend oned of the other bars as the mojito bar is limited.

Wine Bar: An uncrowded, nice place to have a glass of wine before having dinner in the MDR.

La Cucina: The baked chicken dish was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Moderno: My wife and I both thought Moderno was excellent. Just make sure you don't load up on the tempting salad bar before they start bringing out the meat skewers.

Cabins: We had an inside cabin midship on deck 5 which was quiet and convenient to everything. Our family had a balcony on deck 10 aft which was also quiet and worked very well for them.

Good luck and enjoy the cruise!

We are in the same general location you are, but we can not relocate as we payed for a gty cabin and this is what we got. I am really not unset. We had a similar location on the Pearl a few months ago and it was fine.

Any tips for nice quiet places to hang out? I had my "go to" locations on the Breakaway in December (Waterfront lounges, the circular lounges up on the highest deck of the ship, etc) and am hoping to find some similar areas to hide away to read a book or just relax in the sun. I know the Dawn is much smaller, so I'm curious as to what it may have that is similar. I've done FAR less research this trip, than the last. :)

Any tips for nice quiet places to hang out? I had my "go to" locations on the Breakaway in December (Waterfront lounges, the circular lounges up on the highest deck of the ship, etc) and am hoping to find some similar areas to hide away to read a book or just relax in the sun. I know the Dawn is much smaller, so I'm curious as to what it may have that is similar. I've done FAR less research this trip, than the last. :)

Deck 13 forward is the " quiet zone ".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There is also an aft deck that's one or two decks up from the kids pool that was quiet and mostly empty last time I was on Dawn. Probably around 50 chairs and less than 10 people.

There is also an aft deck that's one or two decks up from the kids pool that was quiet and mostly empty last time I was on Dawn. Probably around 50 chairs and less than 10 people.

Are there any shaded areas? Is this by the aft pool?

100% agree! was our fav specialty dinner and the cheapest of the bunch by far.

Have posted this before: this shows how subjective food is: we were disappointed in Los Lobos. Being born and raised in So. CA, living in Texas and New Mexico we thought it was far from good Mexican food. It was more like Spanish food and the hot sauce, even when we asked for really hot was more like tomato sauce to us. The guacamole was good.

• 2 weeks later...