Bed Bugs on Dawn?!?

phoenix1181

WCVB in Boston just showed a news item about a family just off the Dawn who encountered a bed bug problem. Photos clearly showed multiple bites on the passengers. I didn't catch the cabin number other than it was a cabin on deck 8. NCL was contacted but only stated they would look into the allegations.

I hope they get this cleared up before our October cruise. We're not on deck 8 but if they can survive the laundry, no one is safe!

Problem with this is: they should have seen it a few days in and looked for them and gotten help from hotel management. They could have brought them with them. If not, there would be problems all over the ship.

Saw that report too. Freaks me out. I can't remember the cabin either but it was Deck 8. They did notice blood spots on the sheets every day and have welts all over their legs that a dr. confirmed as bed bug bites. Yuck. Could have been brought on by the people that vacated that cabin.

Doesn't sound like they said or did anything while on the cruise but they're currently being treated by a doctor and are on medication.

Cabin number is 8106

Edited by phoenix1181
added link

We are on the Dawn the same two weeks Oct 26 as you and are on deck8 just saw news about it the cabin was 8106 IAm sure NCL will take care of it.We are not near that cabin.

I'm sure the problem will be resolved by the time we go but I hope they do something quickly before too many are affected.

They were young and had no clue they were bedbugs. Thought they got bit by something else until a dr. confirmed it after they got home. Too bad they didn't say anything while on the ship. They should have notified the hotel director when they saw the blood spots.

I think the real issue that warrants further investigation is how the *#%? did they pay over $5000 for an obstructed ocean view on the Dawn?? My upcoming Bliss Balcony wasn’t near that!

Even if you count the extra people in the cabin it does not add up to $5000. Perhaps they are counting all family members in all cabins they booked? My upcoming spa balcony on the Getaway was not close to this amount either.

Even if you count the extra people in the cabin it does not add up to $5000. Perhaps they are counting all family members in all cabins they booked? My upcoming spa balcony on the Getaway was not close to this amount either.

$5k does not sound correct. We booked an OS for the two of us for March 2019 and it was a little over 6500 before DSC and taxes.