Spring will give us nice weather some day

Then we will say Summer is here..no way

Where did the time go.. why so fast

Wanted to lose weight my wish didn't last

So get on the ball everyone and go for a walk

Lets get busy and not just do the talk

So on the scale we go to see

Then we can enjoy some coffee or tea

Hey everyone. I'm up 1.5 this week. Nothing unexpected.

As far as a plan goes, The only thing out of the ordinary is Saturday evening. The kids who get music lessons where my son does are having a recital at the mall. Its over 60kids and will go from 5 to 9ish. Colton gets two songs toward the end. He'll play lead guitar in a makeshift band. Anyway, we'll be up there milling around probably from 4 to close so its safe to say I'll get into some late day mall junk food. I'll try to keep it reasonable.

The Penguins next series starts up tonight and I'm likely to snack more when I stay up for games. So that could be troublesome. Although, the next three games are weeknights so I may watch in bed. I'm safe from the kitchen there.

Other than that I should be fine provided the snacking stays at bay.

Hope you're having a good week.

Mike

Morning all:)

Down .2 lbs this week. Thought it might be more, but at least it's the right direction. I am feeling healthier and have more energy though, so I'll take it:D

This week's plan:

- at least 3 walk/runs

- 2x circuit strength training

- start incorporating more core work

- no meal plan yet, but lots of left overs in the fridge - other than a Saturday gathering, no eating out

- no processed snacks (plenty of fruits and veggies in the house so I should be good here)

- drink at least 96 oz of water per day (in addition to other beverages)

200.8 SW 3-5-18 (when back from last cruise)

196.4 CW

175.0 GW 9-13-18 (last weigh-in before next cruise)

Have a great week everyone!

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Mike, that is not a bad gain. At least you were expecting it.

pacruise, nice loss. Congratulations.

I am down .8. I was hoping for more, but these last 10 lbs are so hard. I am now 9.2 lbs away from final goal weight.

Rose

Hello,

Belle, missed your poems.

I lost 2 of the 7 lbs. I gained. 5 more to go.......

Mike, small gain. Congrats on your son's mall recital. That's exciting.

pacruise, congrats on the loss.

Rose, congrats on the loss. See you went on the Panama Canal cruise. Did you enjoy it? We did it and loved it.

Have a good day everyone.

Diana

Greetings to all

I am down this week. Could have been more, but still excited to see a loss.

I love the idea of sharing our plan.

I plan to resist temptation. Drink plenty of water and stay active with my kiddos.

Attending a wedding this weekend so I will make a point to get on the dance floor. I live in AZ and participated in a “walk” downtown today and plan to do the same tomorrow. All three are more exercise then I normally get so hoping it will also promote a loss for the coming week.

Love reading about everyone’s journey and I want to do a better job of posting because the accountability is helpful

Hope everyone has a successful week ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Everyone!

My timing for eating out isn't good. Ate out Tuesday and twice on Wednesday so.......

Thursday up a whole 2 lbs. Have some of it off today. Cruises I don't gain but

at home I do. Doesn't make sense. Well that's not true.....understand some.

Cruises lots of walking, smaller portions/less salt and not snacking!

Have to learn to have healthy snacking around. But what is healthy snacking

that is good tasting? OK I know but........:p

Mike hear you about snacking..it's hard. Enjoy your sons recital and the Penguins.

pacruise a loss is a loss. A great week plan.

Rose Congrats so close to goal, so any loss is a good loss.

Diana Thanks. Congrats on losing some cruise weight already.

ncovert Your doing good, had a loss and walking downtown 2 days in a row.

Everyone enjoy your weekend. Any good plans? Since I've been out 2 days already.

Going to stay in and TRY:evilsmile: to do some work. Clean out stuff you hold onto and

don't really need. Like paper works, junk, clothes and ect. Wish me luck that

I least get a little done. A little bit each day will be good. But how many days will it take? :D

In the best laid plans of mice and men category:

Daughter has her formal tonight so we decided to splurge and take son to a local pizza/ice cream shop. Last night we got an extra run in and tomorrow the plan is to take a 2 hour walk after our running group, so I'm going to enjoy the time with family (make sure I only order one scoop ;) of icecream), and get back on track tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hello,

Belle, missed your poems.

I lost 2 of the 7 lbs. I gained. 5 more to go.......

Mike, small gain. Congrats on your son's mall recital. That's exciting.

pacruise, congrats on the loss.

Rose, congrats on the loss. See you went on the Panama Canal cruise. Did you enjoy it? We did it and loved it.

Have a good day everyone.

Diana

Diana, we loved the Panama Canal cruise. It was really awesome. We would not do it again because we have so much more we want to do. I am going to start researching my DH's bucket list cruise, the Spanish Med and Canary Islands. We have three more Caribbean cruises planned right now so I am thinking maybe 2021. It will also be our 50th anniversary that year so perfect time to go.

Rose

Hey everyone. Good weekend so far. Not much exercise yesterday, but not much food either so it wasn’t bad. We made a nice feast for lunch today though so it’ll all balance out.

Colton’s recital went well. I haven’t spent 5hrs at the mall since I was his age! Anyway, I hope you are all well.

054d2a4b02e7a10720892af00436e622.jpg

My little guy on the right with the guys he played with last night. Very good time. [emoji846]

Checking in.

Belle, good luck on the cleaning out. Always seems daunting to do that.

Hubby and I went out for dinner a couple of times this week. Not very healthy stuff so.....not sure what the scale will say on Thursday.

Rose, I probably wouldn't do the Panama Canal again either as yes, so many other places to go.

Mike, the band looks great, glad it was a success.

Wishing everyone healthy eating.

Diana

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice ditty.

I'm late checking in but better late than never, right?;)

I had some nice meals out so am sorry to say I gained 2.2 lbs in a week! Yikes, I should have been on a cruise to gain that much!

Mike ~ great the band lets your son play with them.(y)

Rose/Diana ~ I'm doing a full transit in Nov. but have been through the canal in 2 sections. I like the area with the nature there but probably won't do another PC cruise. We've also spent 14 nights in Panama so I feel I've seen all I want to.

I want to go to an AI in Cartagena next Feb. but DH won't commit, saying it's too far away!:(

Have a nice week.

~ Jo ~ :)

A splurge for your kid’s benefit is always worth it.[emoji846]

Thanks. Daughter had a great time at formal (they grow up too quick:loudcry:) and son really enjoyed some one-on-one with the parents:halo: .

We got some good exercise in both Saturday and Sunday, so hopefully the scale won't be too cruel on Thursday.

Looks like the recital was a blast. Hope the Pens did/do well.

Belle - I'm impressed that you can get less salt on a cruise - it's always the opposite for me. I hope the clean-out went well for you. We go in spurts with it and I have several things ready to donate/recycle but still need to get them out of the house:o

Rose - Our 25th anniversary is 2020 and M's parents 50th is 2022, so we are saving for two bucket list trips. We are planning HI for us and taking the parents to AK for theirs. There are so many wonderful places to see:hearteyes: I also agree that there are some experiences that are great to try once, but not need to do again. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Have a great week all!

Hello All

Yes Diana it is daunting cleaning out things especially when you put it off.

So many things collected when taking care of parents (papers, things ect.)

Plus more stuff all around taking care of husband too and doing nothing else.

So shredding, recyleing donating things. Going to take me forever to do

all the stuff and rooms. My fault for putting it off. One thing was deciding how

long to keep papers of my parents. Always want to be on the side of right.

:eek::loudcry: Diana and pacruise thanks for the wishes to get it done. Diana know you had a lot

of cleaning out when you moved. Won't be that much not moving. But will move funiture

and things when I decide what I want for new floors in kitchen and family room. Hate

the thought of it!:(

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mike and pacruise happy you got to spend time with the

kids. The time does fly by with them.

On cruises I've been thru the Panama Canal and did the Canary Islands. One Island I liked more than

the other and now can't think of the name.

I've put a deposit down on two cruises b2b for Europe and the Caribbean in Oct. Nov. for this year.:)

Gee look at me talking/venting to much but this a board for talking right?:D

Sorry the "eek and crying" was for the cleaning I had to do not for thanking pacruise and Diana.

Belle, I get what you mean about papers - I often struggle with what to keep. One benefit of the internet age is that many items can be found on-line if we do get rid of them. Scanning can help too, but I'm not that tech savvy.

My grandmother was a borderline hoarder and my dad also struggles with getting rid of things he should. My sister and I will be making a trip in August to help clear out a bunch of stuff - not fun, but better to do it while we still have Dad with us rather than forced to during a period of grief or crisis (hopefully many years away, but 75 and several health issues). It was too painful for Grandmother to have us deal with it while she was alive :(

I'm grateful that my in-laws are actively purging and preparing in case they need to downsize. I need to get more on top of my own stuff too ;)

A big thank you to this group. I was reading this weeks chapter for the running study I'm doing and came across this quote for the week:

Truth without relationship leads to rejection. - Josh McDowell

While I know the quote is in a different context, I think it applies to us as well. I know the truth about what I need to do for my heath and why, but without the accountability of relationship I know I will reject it and fall right back into unhealthy eating and lack of exercise.

Last nights run and workout were brutal. I think I might be struggling with some allergy issues: we've been cleaning some trees that fell during a recent storm and I had a lot of trouble breathing during the run and then felt lousy during the workout. I recognized that it was just discomfort though, and not pain so I got it done ;)

Looks like a beautiful day today so I think I'll try to get the trees finished and a walk - probably run again tomorrow.

Edited by pacruise804
correct name

pacruise..That's why I put some stuff off is because I had to clean out my parents

house before I could sell it and that was after I brought my parents up here to live.

Back and forth trips over 400 miles each way,wasn't to bad till husband got sick.

Only child so did this alone. So being the "stubborn" person I am..I resisted doing

what I should but now is time!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing alone again!!!!!!!!!

Sorry the allergies are getting you. Take care.

That's the main question we ask ourselves..WHY? Why do we eat the things we do when

we know we shouldn't. Or don't do exercise we we know we should.

But at least we know we can never give up..know there will be good days and bad days.

All we can do is our best. Get right back on track when we get off.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday.

{{{hugs, Belle}}}

Finished the trees yesterday but was still feeling out of sorts (and the sun exposure probably didn't help) so no walk :(

Munching on some frozen grapes for a snack - yum - before heading out for groceries and new running shoes. A local store is closing one of it's sites and hoping to score some good deals.