Suggestions for a stopover to break up trip to Dubai from SC

Pearl64

An airline employee friend told us Schiphol airport Amsterdam was bad for losing luggage so we have always avoided it.

KLM did use to have a bit of a reputation for losing luggage at AMS above the typical baggage loss rate in the early 2000s. Largely a thing of the past though.

Thank you NOLA and 6rug....I held back because of the likelihood that I'd be branded as "mean".

To the OP: It's nice to be thinking of what you might want. The truth is...the signage in the airports should be the least of your concerns. The extra segment from MUC to FRA should be inconsequential. For the truth is:

Take what you can get and be happy with it. Unless you have access to some paid search tools, know the various backdoor research paths, and are willing to put in a bunch of time for trial and error searching and hold times on phones waiting for agents, you are at best a 25% winner at getting what you want. But you're a savvy international traveller, so you should have no problem upping those numbers.

I made the mistake earlier this week of talking realistically about a very controversial subject and thus have been branded as being 'mean' and 'insensitive' and 'ignorant'. Now I am apparently on radar of several members as well as at least one host who didn't care for my opinion, as stated. So, I am treading lightly and being super extra careful not to cross the line and offend even those who are the most sensitive, lest I be banned and then stoned in a public place. I applaud your sensitivity and will continue to learn from you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am updating this thread. Just this am I was able to get two business saver award seats through United. We are going the Toronto route on Air Canada. Looking at all possible connections this was the most direct for us. Many of the others had several connections via Houston or Newark and then going to Toronto. I realize we were extremely lucky and were prepared to use alternate routing and payment. Thanks to all who helped us with the routing.