Cruise tourist fined for live ammunition

Charles4515

Not sure why you would have loose bullets in your purse. I carry a gun and mine is always loaded UNLESS I'm going to the range. I take out my defenders and leave them at home so that I can load it again when I return. The range does not allow loaded guns to be brought inside you have to load at your station. I would never keep loose ammo in my purse, to easy to loose it in that big monster or forget about it!

To bad that this happened, what a way to ruin a free cruise.

Not sure why you would have loose bullets in your purse. I carry a gun and mine is always loaded UNLESS I'm going to the range. I take out my defenders and leave them at home so that I can load it again when I return. The range does not allow loaded guns to be brought inside you have to load at your station. I would never keep loose ammo in my purse, to easy to loose it in that big monster or forget about it!

To bad that this happened, what a way to ruin a free cruise.

Believe it or not it happened again. A passenger had a bullet in his backpack.

http://www.royalgazette.com/court/article/20180521/tourist-with-bullet-in-backpack-fined-350

http://bernews.com/2018/05/court-cruise-visitor-admits-possessing-ammo/

Edited by Charles4515

Heck, people in the US get stopped at TSA for their firearm in their carry on that they forgot. She may have had spare rounds in her desk, that she put in her bag when she moved.

But we used to travel a lot with shotguns for sporting clays shooting. One trip, checked in, checking the shotguns, but had some time before we had to board, so did not go through security (pre-9/11, and pre-TSA). My wife reached into her pocket and found she had a shotgun shell in her pocket. So she walked up to one of the security screeners and said, I just realized I had this in my pocket, could you please dispose of it, and handed to the screener and walked away.

When we looked back, the screener was staring at the object in their hand. I don't think they knew what it was. We immediately went through security at another station and to our gate. :D