Coki Beach

NJEMT29

Can take shuttle to,Coke. My fave beach, can rent snorkels, paddle boards, lockers, chairs. Can buy food and drinks. Best days there

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What shuttle

Coki Beach aka smokie beach...lol....beach is ok...can get very crowded...check to see how many ships in port that day...food.. drinks from bar (all reasonable priced) and a little extra something all around if you are into smoking...you would not know its illegal there...lol

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

I went to Coki last week and we had a great time! It was me, my mom and sister (20-50+) and we all had a great time. Our ship was the only one in port and it was a full beach but I didn’t feel overcrowded. We just picked up a taxi right at the cruise port and it was $9/per person/each way. It was probably a 15 minute ride. If you can find him, ask for Curtis! He was a great driver. We rented chairs, one umbrella and snorkel gear. I believe the chairs were $5 each and $5 for the umbrella. We enjoyed a few buckets of beer and lunch while we were there. Ask for Wendy! She took great care of us all day. There were not lots of beach vendors but we did have one local come talk to us and he did a charcoal drawing of my sister. It was amazing and I tipped him for it. The beach is a little rocky (small rocks) until you get into the water a bit. The snorkeling was good and we overall had a great time! I definitely recommend it!

For some reason CC won't let me post the webpage.... but if you go to vinow dot com and search St Thomas Beaches the water quality at Coki (and Bluebeard's Beach) is still not considered safe. :(

Like this? http://www.**********/stt/stt-b/coki-point/ (you're right. It keeps replacing the vinow dot com).

I haven't been able to find the info you're referencing about water quality. I did find this. https://stthomassource.com/content/2018/03/01/water-standards-not-water-quality-changing/

Coki isn't the most glamorous beach but it can be nice. The snorkeling is not great but you can see different things such as snapper, conch and such. The water is usually great and it is right next to a little SeaWorld type park. Chairs are available to rent and vendors walk the beach. It is pretty easy to get to by taxi or shuttle. We've been there when it was a little vacant and a little crowded. Still nice. The big thing is the view and clear blue water.

[quote=hammer76;56140001\

I haven't been able to find the info you're referencing about water quality. I did find this. https://stthomassource.com/content/2018/03/01/water-standards-not-water-quality-changing/

vinow dot com, then St Thomas, then Beach Guide, under Location: "Show All", then Search......

CC makes it FAR too complicated I know. :p

Coki isn't the most glamorous beach but it can be nice. The snorkeling is not great but you can see different things such as snapper, conch and such. The water is usually great and it is right next to a little SeaWorld type park. Chairs are available to rent and vendors walk the beach. It is pretty easy to get to by taxi or shuttle. We've been there when it was a little vacant and a little crowded. Still nice. The big thing is the view and clear blue water.

I wouldn't describe any Carib beaches as "glamorous", but many are definitely gorgeous, with mesmerizing water colors and powdered sugar- soft white sand.

Coki is one of the most beautiful beaches we've enjoyed - a smaller, intimate bay that has a busy vibe when ships are in, but is still well worth a visit. It has its own character, much like nearby Sapphire Beach. :)

vinow dot com, then St Thomas, then Beach Guide, under Location: "Show All", then Search......

CC makes it FAR too complicated I know. :p

I see the hurricane blog has been removed from the VINow site, and I was very surprised to see your post about poor water quality still a problem at some beaches. I read the information on Coki and Bluebeard's and I must be missing something? Last I read on the blog months ago Coki was on the approved list - is this something new?

I see a note on water quality testing, but no reference to specific warnings...please post that verbiage if you would?

Thanks!

I found the specific data - go to "USVI Blog" --> "Environment" --> "VI Beach Advisory".

The last water test was posted April 20 and yes Coki and Bluebeards are not listed as safe. Not sure if that is still from the hurricane runoff or something more recent.

They include this statement -

"DPNR also recommends that you use your own discretion when swimming or fishing at the designated beaches. If the waters appear muddy or murky or have foul odors, do not swim or fish."