Help needed for proposal!

Hey guys!

Looking for aome help and advice. I will be traveling on independence of the seas shortley and looking to pop the question!

Looking for some advice on where too do it. Initially had the idea of getting the sunset in view and hoping to have one of her family members secretly film the moment.

Any suggestions on places you suggest or seen it done before would be amazing!

Thanks!

Hey guys!

Looking for aome help and advice. I will be traveling on independence of the seas shortley and looking to pop the question!

Looking for some advice on where too do it. Initially had the idea of getting the sunset in view and hoping to have one of her family members secretly film the moment.

Any suggestions on places you suggest or seen it done before would be amazing!

Thanks!

Having just gotten engaged myself, though not on a cruise, first off, take a deeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath. I was freaking out, and everything went just great.

The sun rises in the east, and sets in the west, so figure out where west is around sunset on the night you'd like to propose. If it's the first night, and the ship is heading south, that'll put the sun off the starboard side of the ship. A nice way of doing things might be dinner at Giovanni's Table, which is on the starboard side of the ship; my fiancé and I had a lovely view of the sun setting behind Miami that evening. You might even be able to call or e-mail your ship to see if they might be able to help out a bit, too. Parts of the Main Dining Room are also port side, and there's a walking path on deck 4 and deck 12, if you want to do things outside. That might be easier if you're looking to have family members video it for you, because they won't have to "sneak" into a restaurant for dinner.

And one last thing, speaking as a hobbyist photographer who thinks about such things: if you want the sunset at her back, just know you you may not get the pictures or videos you want. In order to properly expose for the proposal (which is WAY more important than the sunset!), the camera may choose to blow out the background, or if the camera tries to expose for the sunset, you and your fiancé-to-be will be in pretty heavy shadow.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes :) You're going to do great, and don't forget to enjoy the moment a little bit. This is an exciting time!

Congrats!

I got engaged on a cruise ship. I had no idea he was going to propose. He did it on formal night while we were getting pictures taken. The photographer got a million pictures. We were both dressed nicely and there was really nice background. We incorporated one of the pictures into our wedding invite.

Wherever you decide to do it, ask the ship photographer to be there. You will probably get some great photos.

Good luck and best wishes!!!!

I got engaged on a ship, but not a cruise ship.

It was a dinner cruise on the Gateway clipper in Pittsburgh on May 25, 1990.

Did not expect it because my soon to be fiance always takes his camera with him everywhere and he did not take it this day.

Before dinner which was about 6:30 he goes.

"Look over there"

I go where, what do you see?

He leans over gets on one knee and pops the question.

I had no idea.

We celebrated our 10th and 25 wedding anniversaries at sea---

All the others when not pregnant were land vacations.

Enjoy the memories.

Safe travels.

Congratulations! There are so many ways you can propose. A cruise ship is a perfect place to pop the question. In March my son proposed to his fiance' (his girlfriend for 6 1/2 years). Here is a link to his proposal.

Even though it was public, it was extremely romantic. We were blessed because her parents, several of our family members, and his dad and I where onboard and we were able to be apart of their proposal. She absolutely had no idea. Carnival Breeze and the CD Lee Mason did a fantastic job. My son met with the CD once we were onboard and they quickly planned the whole thing. As you can see it happened on a formal night so lots and lots of pictures were taken. The video were portions of Carnival's, my husband's and my nephew's put together. Good luck and again congratulations.