Oasis - Owners suite. Your thoughts on my price quote.

I thought about that but Coastal Kitchen won't deliver to the suite so that leaves only MDR food and we don't eat at Applebees.

One thing we like about the OS is the separate dining area. It makes eating in the Suite very nice.

Here is a link to my wife's website slide show with pictures of one of our cruises in a Owner's Suite.

http://nancysoasis.com/2015suite/2015suite.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

That's not a bad price for an OS. We have done three (Oasis-Allure-Oasis). My brother and SIL had a CLS on the first Oasis. The CLS was nice and the proximity to SL/CK is a huge plus. It wasn't worth giving up the one level layout of the OS. Only major plus I can see to the CLS is the two bathrooms. But with just two of you what's that matter? I tracked prices for more than a year on our OS's and the best I got was $5800. The first time we booked it started out at almost $8K, which we passed on. Then in a week it went down to $5600 on a Saturday. Before I could get my TA to book it the OS went up to $5800.

Big downside to doing the OS, is you will never be happy with anything smaller.

As stated, TA OBC won't show up on your account until day 1 or 2, which has never been a problem since we spend it on board anyway.

I noticed no one mentioned the huge con. You mentioned you booked refundable rate on the junior suite. All categories above junior suite are non refundable deposit only, so that may be a big consideration since you didn't book nonrefundable rate originally. Once you go to nonrefundable rate, your rate will stay under those rules no matter what. Have a wonderful cruise! It will be great no matter which type of room you end up choosing.

We cruise 8 weeks a year, always b2b, and always in OS. Looking back on all the cruises we have taken in OS the average cost for two is around $5,200. OBC, free gratuities, and other things vary based on the promotion at the time, but $5,200 is our average over the years.

We cruise 8 weeks a year, always b2b, and always in OS. Looking back on all the cruises we have taken in OS the average cost for two is around $5,200. OBC, free gratuities, and other things vary based on the promotion at the time, but $5,200 is our average over the years.

I am all in on a GS for 4 (2 adults, 2 toddlers) with $100 obc and trip insurance for $4700. OS would be $2200 more. Again, the perks being the same I can't justify the price difference even though I know it is a good deal.

Reading this, we must have gotten lucky. In an OS on Allure in Oct for $4500 for two. Normally do GS but we switched from a GS Oasis to Allure OS and saved $ even with the change fee! Looking forward to it!

Well we did it! But... changed it up to Harmony of the Seas. Saw there was a 1 GS left on Deck 8 and shopped around got it for $5785.00 with prepaid gratuities and $700.00 OBC.

That Owners suite looked wonderful on the Oasis but for the cost I still don't think we needed all that space. LOL .We have never been on the Harmony and the itinerary is still going to Labadee so we can see what Barefoot beach is all about. Plus Saint Martin is our favorite. I know I am under a nonrefundable deposit but I am not planning to cancel. Thanks again for all the input. I am done shopping and not looking at prices anymore. :)

Question---Norwegian has a number to call to try and get an upgrade (at a discounted price) shortly before the sailing. Does Royal have a similar number to call?

Nope.

Well we did it! But... changed it up to Harmony of the Seas. Saw there was a 1 GS left on Deck 8 and shopped around got it for $5785.00 with prepaid gratuities and $700.00 OBC.

That Owners suite looked wonderful on the Oasis but for the cost I still don't think we needed all that space. LOL .We have never been on the Harmony and the itinerary is still going to Labadee so we can see what Barefoot beach is all about. Plus Saint Martin is our favorite. I know I am under a nonrefundable deposit but I am not planning to cancel. Thanks again for all the input. I am done shopping and not looking at prices anymore. :)

Well done!

Question---Norwegian has a number to call to try and get an upgrade (at a discounted price) shortly before the sailing. Does Royal have a similar number to call?

Norwegian has changed this as well - they now have an auction process in place for upgrades, similar to what some airlines have been doing for a while.