Cups for drink package

You can also get soda from any bar, WJ, restaurant or dining room by asking & showing your card. We seem to rarely use the plastic cups, and just get the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they really give you a cup to use with the drink packages that they expect you to carry?

If you want to use the coke freestyle machines they can only be activated by inserting the cup. If you want to get the more basic flavours from a bar (coke, sprite, Diet Coke) you just hand them your sea pass card.

Do they really give you a cup to use with the drink packages that they expect you to carry?

They give you a cup, that activates the freestyle machines, it's up to you if you carry it or use it. Soda is available at all bars with the soda package, without using the cup

We are not the biggest soda drinkers so on our last cruise on the Allure, we didn't even unseal the cups. But yes, if you are in a restaurant, etc, you can always show your card if you have the drink package and get something that way.

There is a report somewhere about a kid who was smart. He broke apart the cup, removed the disc in the bottom with the RFI chip, and just carried that to activate the machine.

The smart thing for RCI to do is put a card reader on the machines and you just swipe your card.

There is a report somewhere about a kid who was smart. He broke apart the cup, removed the disc in the bottom with the RFI chip, and just carried that to activate the machine.

The smart thing for RCI to do is put a card reader on the machines and you just swipe your card.

I thought the same at first but they may want to make sure there's a cup in there to catch the soda to prevent waste.

I’ve read some rumors that they may be getting rid of straws on the ship (part of the Save the Waves program). I’m not sure if that has happened yet, but I thought I’d bring a straw for my cup just in case. Does anyone have familiarity with those bendy plastic straws for Tervis cups? If so, would the 11” straw be long enough for the Royal cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought the same at first but they may want to make sure there's a cup in there to catch the soda to prevent waste.

They can put a sensor to see that there is a cup.

Jut not require the special cup, that very few want to lug around.