Drink Package and multiple cabins

Hello. Some friends and myself are looking to book a cruise sometime in 2019 and some of us are getting the drink package. Problem is, some of them don't want the package since they aren't big drinkers and would be cost prohibitive to one.

To resolve this, we were planning on those that want the package to share cabins and those that do not share cabins.

However, the policy states that adults in the same cabin and under the same booking number must all purchase the drink package. I cant tell if this means if the cabins are booked together, all cabins must purchase the package or if one cabin can purchase the package for all adults while the other cabin only gets soda/refreshment package.

Does anyone know if all adults under a reservation with multiple cabins need to buy the package or if the policy is per-cabin?

We're probably going to be booking between 4-5 cabins where at least 3 cabins will have the package

Understood. Thank you for your replies!

I know we could just book all the cabins separately but everyone was ok with me taking credit for the booking on my C&A account for the points since I was arranging the event. :)

Yea, it sounds greedy but 5cabins x 7daycruise will get me from Platinum straight to Diamond

Understood. Thank you for your replies!

I know we could just book all the cabins separately but everyone was ok with me taking credit for the booking on my C&A account for the points since I was arranging the event. :)

Yea, it sounds greedy but 5cabins x 7daycruise will get me from Platinum straight to Diamond

Does not matter who pays, it only matters who cruises.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you will only get credited for the number of nights that you cruise. Seven night cruise, no matter how many cabins you book, will only net you 7 C&A points.

Although if you run all payments through your credit card, you will get the points/benefits. :D
I wish it worked like that, but only the people named on the booking get the points. I paid for another cabin for family members and I got the bill and they got the points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Although if you run all payments through your credit card, you will get the points/benefits. :D

What? No you don’t. Have you ever paid for more than just your own cruise? I pay for other family members all the time and I’ve never gotten more than my own 7 points. You’re making this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish it worked like that, but only the people named on the booking get the points. I paid for another cabin for family members and I got the bill and they got the points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

What? No you don’t. Have you ever paid for more than just your own cruise? I pay for other family members all the time and I’ve never gotten more than my own 7 points. You’re making this up.

I think they're referring to credit card points.

We are doing exactly what you suggest next month.

Family of four with one adult and one child in each of the connecting staterooms.

Only the adult in room #1 has deluxe beverage package. I was able to book this with no problems at all. /quote]

And as an added bonus, you get to bring four bottles of wine, two for each cabin.

Family of four with one adult and one child in each of the connecting staterooms.

Only the adult in room #1 has deluxe beverage package. I was able to book this with no problems at all. /quote]

And as an added bonus' date=' you get to bring four bottles of wine, two for each cabin.[/quote']

Yes indeed!!!

/quote]

Points/benefits FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD.

:D

Well now that I know the points don't stack if one person purchases, we were going to each get a cabin separately and one person in each cabin will get their points. We don't get a group deal for anything under 8 cabins with my TA so we might as well get 3-4 of them to gold rather than leave points on the table. I suppose this invalidates my original question since if we reserve separately, there's no worry about grouping.

We weren't worried about getting cabins grouped together anyway so booking separately is no big deal.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

Only the adult in room #1 has deluxe beverage package. I was able to book this with no problems at all.

And as an added bonus' date=' you get to bring four bottles of wine, two for each cabin.[/quote']

Fixed it. :D

Every person who cruises gets a point per night, regardless of who is in what cabin, regardless of who paid for the cruise.

If four people share a cabin on a weeklong cruise, there will be a total of 28 points awarded -- seven each to all four people.

If three people share a cabin on a weeklong cruise, there will be a total of 21 points awarded -- seven each to all three people.

If two people share a cabin on a weeklong cruise, there will be a total of 14 points awarded -- seven apiece.

A few exceptions:

If you're in a suite, you get two points per night per passenger.

If you pay the single supplement to be the only person in a cabin, you get two points per night. If you pay single supplement in a suite, you get three points per night.

Best thing to do in your situation is book it so that the people who want the booze package are in a room with other people who want the booze package, and vice versa.

Once you're on board, Guest Services can switch things around so that each person has the key to get into the room they will actually be using.