Recommendations for a RCI timeshare exchange in October

el barco

Hello

We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale on October 27 2018, we are looking to do a week RCI timeshare exchange first. We are arriving at Miami airport, can anyone give any recommendations for a resort preferably on the beach within an hour to an hour and half drive.

Thanks

It would help the locals if you would list the names of the RCI resorts within an hour or hour and a half of Miami. I live on the beach north of Fort Lauderdale with two nice timeshare properties on either side of my building but, while I can tell you their names, I have no idea what corporations run them.

It would help the locals if you would list the names of the RCI resorts within an hour or hour and a half of Miami. I live on the beach north of Fort Lauderdale with two nice timeshare properties on either side of my building but, while I can tell you their names, I have no idea what corporations run them.

Hello Capriccio,

Thanks for your response. RCI is the exchange company, the properties that they currently have available in Fort Lauderdale are

Coconut Bay Resort,

Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Silver Seas

They also have properties available in Weston, Delray Beach and Pompano Beach,

The top properties based on RCI reviews of these are

South Shore Club, Delray Beach

or

Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Hello Capriccio,

Thanks for your response. RCI is the exchange company, the properties that they currently have available in Fort Lauderdale are

Coconut Bay Resort,

Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Silver Seas

They also have properties available in Weston, Delray Beach and Pompano Beach,

The top properties based on RCI reviews of these are

South Shore Club, Delray Beach

or

Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Fort Lauderdale Beach resort isn't on the beach. If I remember correctly, it is on a busy section of Federal Highway across from the Galt Ocean Mile area. South Seas is in a really nice section of A1A but it is down the street from the beach. It's a small, older hotel that has been redone. I wouldn't think twice about staying there.

Delray Beach is great and we love it up there. Lots to do, an old Florida beach town.

The Palm Beach Shores Resort is the Marriott Ocean Point on Singer Island. Outside of the resort and Sailfish Marina, you'd be bored to death up there. Literally not much to do. West Palm Beach is pretty bad at night.

That's all I've got. Out of those I would stay at the South Seas.

Fort Lauderdale Beach resort isn't on the beach. If I remember correctly, it is on a busy section of Federal Highway across from the Galt Ocean Mile area. South Seas is in a really nice section of A1A but it is down the street from the beach. It's a small, older hotel that has been redone. I wouldn't think twice about staying there.

Delray Beach is great and we love it up there. Lots to do, an old Florida beach town.

The Palm Beach Shores Resort is the Marriott Ocean Point on Singer Island. Outside of the resort and Sailfish Marina, you'd be bored to death up there. Literally not much to do. West Palm Beach is pretty bad at night.

That's all I've got. Out of those I would stay at the South Seas.

Thank you very much for advise. It’s not South seas, it’s silver seas, the address is 101 north Fort Lauderdale beach boulevard, is this the resort you mean?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and it is across the street from the beach. Used Hilton points so did not have to pay the resort fee. Are you asking about RCI properties specifically? Near Miami Beach or Fort Lauderdale?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and it is across the street from the beach. Used Hilton points so did not have to pay the resort fee. Are you asking about RCI properties specifically? Near Miami Beach or Fort Lauderdale?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Just RCI timeshare exchange properties, as we have timeshare in Spain we exchange and get points for wherever want to go, so only pay an exchange fee not the rental fee.

We’ve always stayed near Orlando before, so wanted to stay near Fort Lauderdale/ Miami/ pompano/ defray beach area, but want to be able to walk out to restaurants, things to do, so we aren’t sure where is best.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you very much for advise. It’s not South seas, it’s silver seas, the address is 101 north Fort Lauderdale beach boulevard, is this the resort you mean?

Thanks

Yes! That is the one, sorry.

As RCI members we have stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort múltiple times. It is not directly on the beach but a very easy 1-block walk away. Most units will have a view of either the beach or the intracoastal. 1-bedroom units are very spacious with full kitchens. The furniture is pretty dated but the property is very clean and well maintained. Within walking distance of many eateries, Publix for groceries, and the Galleria Mall for shopping and nightlife. I would certainly recommend a stay there if it’s available, and I’m happy to answer any questions about the area.

As RCI members we have stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort múltiple times. It is not directly on the beach but a very easy 1-block walk away. Most units will have a view of either the beach or the intracoastal. 1-bedroom units are very spacious with full kitchens. The furniture is pretty dated but the property is very clean and well maintained. Within walking distance of many eateries, Publix for groceries, and the Galleria Mall for shopping and nightlife. I would certainly recommend a stay there if it’s available, and I’m happy to answer any questions about the area.

I’ve put on hold Dover House at delray beach as it looks to be on the beach and good restaurants etc within walking distance, have you been to delray? Or should we go for Fort Lauderdale, bit confused because resorts in Orlando we have stayed at previously are all really good, but all we he beach resorts seem to have loads of negatives on tripadvisor .

Thanks for any help given.

I’ve put on hold Dover House at delray beach as it looks to be on the beach and good restaurants etc within walking distance, have you been to delray? Or should we go for Fort Lauderdale, bit confused because resorts in Orlando we have stayed at previously are all really good, but all we he beach resorts seem to have loads of negatives on tripadvisor .

Thanks for any help given.

We haven’t stayed at the Delray property so I can’t offer a comparison. Ft Lauderdale beach is not too crowded and has very good walk ability. The property staff is very professional and always. helpful. Birch State Park is half a block away and Bonnet House is directly behind the property. The Fort Lauderdale water taxi is also a short walk away. Primantti Brothers is a block away open 24-hours serving pizza and very good sandwiches. It is a very easy 1-block walk to the ocean.

I’ll try to attach a photo from the balcony during our stay last year so you can have a better idea of the distance.

51f316a15103d585d8681a70c6cbe736.jpg

In general Delray Beach is more laid back and there is not much in the way of night life.

We haven’t stayed at the Delray property so I can’t offer a comparison. Ft Lauderdale beach is not too crowded and has very good walk ability. The property staff is very professional and always. helpful. Birch State Park is half a block away and Bonnet House is directly behind the property. The Fort Lauderdale water taxi is also a short walk away. Primantti Brothers is a block away open 24-hours serving pizza and very good sandwiches. It is a very easy 1-block walk to the ocean.

I’ll try to attach a photo from the balcony during our stay last year so you can have a better idea of the distance.

51f316a15103d585d8681a70c6cbe736.jpg

In general Delray Beach is more laid back and there is not much in the way of night life.

Thanks for info, Fort Lauderdale sounds more our kind of thing, I’ll have to go back to the drawing board

Well we’ve booked the silver seas in Fort Lauderdale, location looks superb. Will let you know on our return what we thought of it.

Thanks everyone for your help