NCL Ferry to St George is it operating?

sunny2runner

On Friday (7/21), a member viewing the Bermuda cam reported seeing passengers get off the ferry at the time the ferry would have returned from St George's. This was on the NCL board.

Anyway, watch the Bermuda cam tomorrow to see if the ferry loads and departs the Dockyard at 8:45 am (Bermuda time). The Dawn arrives today.

Bermuda cam: http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

SBtS

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if the NCL ferry will be running to St. George in the winter (November 2nd and 3rd) or will I have to take the ferry to Hamilton and then take the bus rest of the way? I already know the orange line doesn't run during the winter hours. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the NCL ferry will be running to St. George in the winter (November 2nd and 3rd) or will I have to take the ferry to Hamilton and then take the bus rest of the way? I already know the orange line doesn't run during the winter hours. Thanks.

The NCL Ferry will run when NCL ships are in port.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI the NCL free ferry service is up and running for 2018 it just started. The ferry contract is for the next 4 years. I also read that NCL is building 2 tenders specifically for that shuttle service to St. George in the near future.

FYI the NCL free ferry service is up and running for 2018 it just started. The ferry contract is for the next 4 years. I also read that NCL is building 2 tenders specifically for that shuttle service to St. George in the near future.

Is there a schedule somewhere? I looked at their website and it says Winter 2017/2018...

The one linked above says ©2017 and this one is ©2018, from a cruise a couple weeks ago. Some of the times are different.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=421712&d=1526912279

If the schedule for Wed., Thurs., & Fri., is for the Breakaway, then it is a 2017 schedule.

If it is for the Escape, it is a 2018 schedule.

SBtS

If the schedule for Wed., Thurs., & Fri., is for the Breakaway, then it is a 2017 schedule.

If it is for the Escape, it is a 2018 schedule.

SBtS

The schedule that LrgPizza posted has different times and is from May 9 to 11 2018, Escape. Apparently they changed it. Or they don’t run the same schedule every week.

Reading between the lines of some posts I've seen I think that the schedule changes and variations are probably due to the "regular" NCL ferry not being in service yet . There were reports of the ferry ride taking longer than the public Orange Route ferry and the ferry not docking where you'd expect it to in both Dockyard and St. George's.

Reading between the lines of some posts I've seen I think that the schedule changes and variations are probably due to the "regular" NCL ferry not being in service yet . There were reports of the ferry ride taking longer than the public Orange Route ferry and the ferry not docking where you'd expect it to in both Dockyard and St. George's.

They would have to be using two ferry boats, not one, to run the May 9-11 schedule.

They would have to be using two ferry boats, not one, to run the May 9-11 schedule.

When the NCL free ferry was first announced, they said they would be building two boats .This morning I see a ferry I haven't seen before, "Spirit of St. George" tied up at Heritage Wharf across from the Escape, at the spot where the Bo Hengy II docked last year. The ferry almost looks like Bo Hengy II with a new paint job. I'll try to check periodically to see if that's the only NCL ferry running today .

Based on some comments from a couple of weeks ago that said the NCL ferry ride took much longer than the public ferry I'm wondering if they were temporarily using the Bermudian while waiting for their regular ferry or ferries to arrive.

This morning I see a ferry I haven't seen before, "Spirit of St. George" tied up at Heritage Wharf across from the Escape, at the spot where the Bo Hengy II docked last year. The ferry almost looks like Bo Hengy II with a new paint job. I'll try to check periodically to see if that's the only NCL ferry running today .

Good idea.

Good idea.

OK...I haven't spent every minute of the day on my computer, but on the several occasions when I've checked portbermudawebcam.com the Spirit of St. George has either been at Heritage Wharf, or per marinetraffic.com in St. George docked near Pennos Wharf, or underway between Dockyard and St. George. The only other ferry traveling between Dockyard and St. George has been the public ferry JLCecil Smith which is serving the Orange Route.

Further, when looking at the Spirit of St. George it clearly looks the same as the Bo Hengy II, but repainted, and I've discovered that a shipbroker in Miami, S. Danoff USA Limited says it has sold the Bo Hengy II. With a little more research I found this article from November 2017 confirming that NCLH had purchased Bo Hengy II : http://www.ship2shore.it/en/shipping/norwegian-cruise-line-goes-shopping-with-ferrando--massone_66115.htm

So, we now know that NCL bought Bo Hengy II, apparently renaming it Spirit of St. George. I suspect this is the first week the ferry is in use, and it appears it is the only ferry being run by NCL, as was the case last year. Probably the different schedules we've seen in the past couple of weeks were the product of NCL using different boats for its ferry service.

So, we now know that NCL bought Bo Hengy II, apparently renaming it Spirit of St. George. I suspect this is the first week the ferry is in use, and it appears it is the only ferry being run by NCL, as was the case last year. Probably the different schedules we've seen in the past couple of weeks were the product of NCL using different boats for its ferry service.

Sounds logical. The May 9 to 11 schedule was probably temporary. Probably accounts for the long run time that was reported. Also NCL passengers will get a schedule for their sailing when they get onboard. It shouldn’t be hard to adjust to any changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Summit last week and went to St. George's two days. The public ferry and the ncl ferry almost traveled together with the public one being 5 minutes faster.

The ncl ferry docked right at their boat, not across the harbor where the public ferries are.

In st George's they were next to each other at Penno's Wharf.