drink cards at all on jewel of the seas?

Ok, anyone on the jewel of the seas in the past 3 months - can you tell me if they offered any drink cards at all?

on a budget and cant afford to get the big drink package. are they offering the drink cards at all on the cruise? if they do will they tell you when you first get on board or only on the day its offered? thanks.

going next month from Puerto rico

Ok, anyone on the jewel of the seas in the past 3 months - can you tell me if they offered any drink cards at all?

on a budget and cant afford to get the big drink package. are they offering the drink cards at all on the cruise? if they do will they tell you when you first get on board or only on the day its offered? thanks.

going next month from Puerto rico

They will only tell you when it´s offered.

at least I know they still are around. you can share a drink card, too, correct? so if 2 people are sitting at a table, and order 2 drinks...they would just punch 2 drinks used...correct?

Yes you can share the drink card. The number of drinks ordered is the number punched.

Was on the Jewel of the Seas from March 4 - 11. Can confirm that they offered the drink card. It was around $100 with gratuity. We were able to share it, no problem. It’s totally allowed.

Bought a 10 drink card on a cruise recently.

It was NOT mentioned in the Cruise Compass. (However some people on these boards say it was advertised in their Cruise Compass.)

Some bars on the ship had posted a small sign saying they are available, but the sign was not up at all bars.

They were available on the fourth day. On my ship it was $75 plus 18% gratuity.

The best most definite way to find out if they are available is to ask a bartender.

Perfect for a day at sea if you do not have a drink package.

You can buy drinks for anybody with the card.

Interesting to note that they write your folio number on the card. Even though they mark off the drinks on the card, the bartender also puts the drinks into the system. They appeared as zero-price drinks when viewing my account on the TV screen in the cabin, although they did not appear on the final printed statement of charges. They do not give you a printed receipt with the drinks and therefore no solicitation of additional gratuity.

• 4 weeks later...