WiFi on MS Finnmarken?

cableczar

Hello - my partner and I are taking the cultural cruise on the MS Finnmarken beginning May 19th and are looking forward to it! We are new to cruises and brand new to Hurtigruten. My question is this: does the onboard WiFi access to the Internet work well and consistently? The reason I ask is that I have to check into the online class I teach while on board and I will be dependent on WiFi for doing that. Comments and insight will be most welcome from anyone who has experience using WiFi on Hurtigruten, and the Finnmarken in particular! Many thanks and see you on board!

• 4 weeks later...

Wifi usually reliable (albeit occasionally interrupted by mountains hiding the satellites!) but often v slow. If you need a reasonably fast connection it'd be worth thinking about getting a 3or4G phone/tablet/mifi service. Norway has very good coverage even in remote areas.

If you're in EU your home country service can probably be used at no additional charge (ie no roaming charges) or you can get a Norwegian SIM on arrival.

Fair Winds & Weather

Wifi usually reliable (albeit occasionally interrupted by mountains hiding the satellites!) but often v slow. If you need a reasonably fast connection it'd be worth thinking about getting a 3or4G phone/tablet/mifi service. Norway has very good coverage even in remote areas.

If you're in EU your home country service can probably be used at no additional charge (ie no roaming charges) or you can get a Norwegian SIM on arrival.

Fair Winds & Weather

Norway is participating in the EU roaming regulations, so any Phone from within EU has free roaming., however Norway is not part of EU so be aware of customs in Norway.

Norway is part of Schengen Area regarding passport and visa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums