Dream obstructed Verandah locations: just booked VGT

mousefan73

Hello,

I just booked a VGT for 4 people. We have never sailed but worse case scenario what would be considered the "worse" assignement. Since we are new, we have no preference to location. I hear mid-ship is better or lower for movement. etc... but taking out the movement issues. what would be a bad stateroom?

We might get an obstructed view, but correct me if I am wrong, these are the nagivators only correct? and since we are 4 we cant get this assigned as they are for 3, correct?

Just excited to see what we might get.. We are not picky so locationto elevators etc. or closed to restaruants plays no roll. I am just nervous what the worse of the worse would be?

Most of the time, you get a very standard cat 5 cabin when you book a VGT. I suppose the "worst" in some people's minds could be getting an HA cabin. Since my daughter needs the features of these cabins, we take the good with the bad. And yes, we did at one point have to "bump" someone who had the cabin as a VGT booking in order for us to cruise. No worries--even for a last minute booking, someone needing the room takes priority over someone who was assigned there. But that's another story.

There are HAs that will sleep 4. The rooms are very large, as are the balconies. But some people wouldn't like the bathroom--you don't have the split bath. You have a walk in shower, but no tub. So, for some people, that could be the definition of "worst."

I wouldn't worry....I think you'll have a great cabin and no issues at all. But I've always found something good and something "less good" about most locations.

• 2 weeks later...

We had obstructed view twice. I think it is a bargain. Yes, you lose a corner of the balcony but the cabin has more light and a feeling of more space, and you can go outside on it! The ones we had did not have a solid white wall if that's what you mean by navigator's balcony. They were clear like the other balconies. The cabins with navigator's balconies are shown as such. I had a GTY cabin first time. Is that what you mean? I am not aware of VGT cabins. We were given no upgrade.