IGU or IGR when staying at the Belmond Hotel

canuckgardener

I'm researching flights from Buenos Aires post cruise to Iguazzu for a 3 night stay at the Belmond Hotel. The flight duration and price vary considerably between the 2 airports. The Hotel will provide transportation from either airport, one being a 25 minute drive but a 6 hour flight with stops, the cheaper one with the direct flight being almost an hour drive. Common sense is telling me to book the cheaper, shorter flight with the longer drive to the hotel, IGU. I'm pretty sure IGU is the way to go but I want to be positive. Advice please and thank you!

I'm researching flights from Buenos Aires post cruise to Iguazzu for a 3 night stay at the Belmond Hotel. The flight duration and price vary considerably between the 2 airports. The Hotel will provide transportation from either airport, one being a 25 minute drive but a 6 hour flight with stops, the cheaper one with the direct flight being almost an hour drive. Common sense is telling me to book the cheaper, shorter flight with the longer drive to the hotel, IGU. I'm pretty sure IGU is the way to go but I want to be positive. Advice please and thank you!

If we’re talking about the same hotel, Belmond is at the Brazilian side of the park. IGR (airport on Argentina side) is about 45 minutes to an hour away. The ride is through the jungle, across the bridge at the border, and through the Brazil countryside. The flight I took was roughly 90 minutes-2 hours and went from AEP to IGR on Aerolineas Argentinas. Isn’t that flight still available?

Where does the IGU flight originate? (EZE, AEP?)

Edited to say I took a quick search and found flights from AEP to IGU that were about 2 hours also. I wouldn’t even consider spending 5 vacation hours on a milk run when there are 2 hour direct flights available.

If you are coming from Brazilian city, such as GRU or RIO, you usually fly to IGU.

If you are from Argentina city, such as EZE or AEP, you usually fly to IGR.

It is a nightmare if you crossing the countries, i.e. from Brazil to IGR, or Argentina to IGU. However, when you fly to IGR and taking taxi to Belmond and if you hit the rush hour traffic, it might take a long time to go through the immigration at the boundary.

I have stayed on both sides of the Falls this past March. I flew from BA and flew into Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. Loved staying at the Melia. The next day we had a car take us to the Belmond. Going from Melia to Belmond was about an hour in total. We had to first exit Argentina and then the next building was entering into Brazil where we had to go into the building directly. If you have any questions about the hotels, etc email me at janeschwalm@gmail.com