Fantasy Room Choice?

LovetheCubs

Anyone have any advice on decks section or room selection on fantasy? Forward, middle, aft? Any specific desk “bad”?!

My suggestion - as far forward as you can get.

The Fantasy does have a major vibration issue in the aft area of the ship (mostly when traveling at top speed). As she does that mostly at night, due to the distances she must travel between ports, that's when it's most apparent.

Upper or lower - doesn't matter in regard to the vibration.

Have sailed the Fantasy three times, and agree that she has aft vibration issues. Midship and forward are generally OK, though. Would choose a cabin with other cabins above and below (so not under the pool deck or a restaurant, not over a bar or theater, etc.). Would also choose a non-connecting cabin if possible to minimize potential noise from the connecting door. And try not to be right across from a laundry - noise and a surprising amount of heat from the dryers can come from them. All this can be found on deck plans that are available online.

I've stayed in the 8620s and felt no issues with vibration.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Those rooms are located midship/forward. The vibration is much less noticeable the further forward you go.

It's most pronounced in the aft rooms, and in the dining rooms in the aft (like Animator's Palate).

Have sailed the Fantasy three times, and agree that she has aft vibration issues. Midship and forward are generally OK, though. Would choose a cabin with other cabins above and below (so not under the pool deck or a restaurant, not over a bar or theater, etc.). Would also choose a non-connecting cabin if possible to minimize potential noise from the connecting door. And try not to be right across from a laundry - noise and a surprising amount of heat from the dryers can come from them. All this can be found on deck plans that are available online.

I was worried about this our first time on Fantasy. Almost all the verandah rooms are connecting. We didn't hear any noise from the connecting door.

I was worried about this our first time on Fantasy. Almost all the verandah rooms are connecting. We didn't hear any noise from the connecting door.

Interestingly, the problem we had on the Fantasy was not noise from the cabin next door, but the connecting door itself rattling. Stuffed some folded up brochures into the cracks to stop it.

We stayed on Deck 7 on the Fantasy and I really liked that location. It's between cabin decks so no risk of deck chair noise, etc. It's very central, a few floors up to the buffet and pool, a few floors down to the MDRs. It's not so far from the gangway deck that taking stairs after an excursion is painful. We were midship. I felt the aft vibrations in the MDRs for sure but not in our room.

We're just back from an aft obstructed view verandah cabin on the Fantasy, Stateroom 10646. Vibration was significant! We have video of the pillow cases vibrating away. Had to stuff wash cloths into the TV mounting arm to stop if from rattling. No issues whatsoever with obstructed view, but I'd really have to think about that vibration if booking aft again.