What do you do about Noisy neighbours.

We have just got of Independence of the seas.

It was only a short 3 night cruise so I thought we would try a guarantee balcony cabin. We were allocated a deck 9 mid-ships cabin. Thought we had done alright. It had a connecting door.

On first night at 7pm we were getting ready for dinner when they were trying out the bed. She was very vocal. We turned the telly up.

They came back at 2.15am that night and had a big row. Lots of shouting, and swearing.

We were woke up at 07.30 with the sound of them making up, time for the telly again.

It did get quieter after that but is has certainly put me off getting an adjoining cabin.

Should I have done something and what would you have done.

Ian

I

We've had the same experience. An adjoining cabin is an absolute deal-breaker. I'll search for another cruise or will pay more to be in a different category if necessary.

First and only adjoining room was Promenade room on Adventure, the door seemed to be warped, there was a gap at the bottom. We could hear just normal conversation from the other room clearly and I am sure they could hear us. Talked to our room attendant and he stuffed some kind of foam in the crack and put masking tape around the door opening, that defiantly helped. It also helped that the people next door were quiet as we tried to be also. You have to remember that cruise ship adjoining rooms are only one door, not 2 Doors back too back like hotels. That experience made an adjoining room a deal breaker for us also.

If they were arguing/fighting do you really need another adult to tell you you should have called security... really!!!

As far as your prudish attitude towards the sound of getting laid. Why would you even think of calling security on them for that???

Unreal...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruise 8 weeks a year, albeit not in a room with connecting doors, and we have only once had a noisy neighbor. Most people are aware that people are around them and act appropriately. One the one cruise where it was a problem it was only a problem two nights, the first and second. On the first night we gave them the benefit of the doubt...first night of a cruise maybe they were overly excited and perhaps overly intoxicated, so we let it be. But after the second night a call, then another, and another finally ended it for the rest of the cruise. Cruises are everyone's vacation/get away and everyone should enjoy it to the max, but when someone's actions affect many around them you have to step up and do something about it. If it happens again just call Guest Services and keep calling them until you get the results you want. Proper manners, proper behavior isn't what it use to be!

If they were arguing/fighting do you really need another adult to tell you you should have called security... really!!!

As far as your prudish attitude towards the sound of getting laid. Why would you even think of calling security on them for that???

Unreal...

In fairness to the OP there is a certain volume that is considered unacceptable in a hotel.

When they were noisy at 2.15am, you should have phoned Guest Services and asked them to send security up. They are used to doing that.

We were awakened about 2am by the people in the cabin next door having a huge argument, lots of yelling, foul language and crying. At the point where it sounded like something or someone:o hit the wall, we called security who came up about about 10 min after our call and knocked on their door. We heard them ask if everything was ok and the husband replied yes. Everything was quiet after that and for the rest of the cruise.

I was just getting back to sleep when the phone rang. It was security calling to see if everything was ok. :rolleyes:

By the way, we did not have a connecting room:')

Sherri:)

Unreal...

Maybe the sex was louder than the fight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Unreal...

I am duly impressed by your eloquence.

Call me perverse, but after a 2:15am wake up, I would feel like playing "It's a Small World" REALLY loud on my mini bluetooth speaker, and putting it next to the bottom of the door, then leaving for late breakfast. Or, maybe something by ABBA. :D:D

But, in reality, I just always wear foam earplugs to bed.

Unreal...

Not sure you needed to be so rude - especially as the OP didnt mention 'fighting'. :rolleyes:

Keyboard warriors again.....

Send a gift of Chocolate Covered Strawberries with a note of appreciation for the entertainment and congratulations to him for job well done.

HA!! And, then play "It's a Small World" for them when they are back in the room next time. :D

Send a gift of Chocolate Covered Strawberries with a note of appreciation for the entertainment and congratulations to him for job well done.
I like it but are we sure about the job well done part?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm lucky so far no noisy neighbors. Nosy Neighbors yes, this last cruise I caught a guy peaking around the corner of our partition into our balcony. Later smelled certain medicinal herbs burning, so maybe he was just checking to see if the coast was clear. Later they did knock over the crew mans podium when they tried to come on board. But they weren't noisy in their cabin.

Number one solution: call security. as for the snarky comment, go back and read it again, they were complaining about the 2:15 yelling, not the aftermath.

When you call security, tell them you fear for the safety of the folks in the cabin.....that tends to pick up the pace of security and the close attention to that cabin for the rest of the cruise.

Just one time booking a cabin that had a connecting door (last JS on late booking) was enough to be sure we don't do it again.

Family next door with very loud and active young boys. They were loud all the time. And even worse, kept trying to open the connecting door to our cabin. :mad:

Finally had it and yelled through the door "we are not letting you in...so cut it out!!" That ended the door rattling at least.

But never again booking one of those..plus you might lose a couch in favor of a chair to make room for that connecting door.

I too avoid connecting cabins at all costs. I've had a few and heard much more than I wanted to. Never thought of stuffing a towel under the door, maybe that would help. But as long as I'm choosing the cabin I'll never book a connecting room.