Celebrity Choice Air - What does Mix & Match mean?

plucasana

FxZjmcZAVLBLlKiteVqNcxWbRb7G8hkn_BsCdjt_pgx_sFRvcOP1cYeethuKl4fCZbCVRsF5To0G4_us0THxkaliVaKCg6PKJp72RXav2UCAES1mfUKkB6l2_4byEeveT_OskmJ36U1ezaLdhpQYNwVDZiJwdSIgId8NXTsq-3SSazXUfDHDnf6r6wtnSgZ2VyfSsvT3dFhBeG1RNFU0gdIPPPADvFlfTcXb9RplHYU47Z-rDKeUf-YXt20jxJ5_SWOojDOExhlJeaNM35-At9JfGl45aVxzQbN7OIZUBEamDlfYuGvHAlGYo9hHXpGcNtHj3KvrUppz9mjV3SX2nxy7ENjwD0_aPN1O58gDI50vJ4FpBhFJ2inJIab3XqaLIlC3Xyeu8pWZCv2-NTihM6z0bKuQIoVtj-zfUHRQI8eI6qAdB8_7M7GZy8mfDC3_4jUr7K4ScNKIhT4F8saO-lwojRRb8Eqg-0SpakgyeW5Zo9XldFh3fQ3JHnJ36DP-o-pcpkcHUML5jZPcv0ep4zdDMwo09_RlTj7bbQzHMtjY-vhlSnfqUv31dHlRXMsQKcjoDZ-h7R2v2vyTpmXl6F8P25WtGWs8oClFtqA=w1236-h1242-noHi,

I am researching flight options and would like to get an explanation for

the Mix& Match option. (see pic above)

Does this option mean that the flights will be on different tickets? (not one pnr/Etix-Number)?

There does not seem to be any kind of explanation on the choice-air page, or did I miss it?

thanks and kr

Sandra

It just means your taking UA out bund and Austria Air back. I like Austrian Air Business class.

All the others are on the same airline out and back.

Not quite. While it MAY be one ticket outbound, it is two flight segments, with a connect at Newark. The first flight is operated by Lufthansa and the second is operated by United.

Not quite. While it MAY be one ticket outbound, it is two flight segments, with a connect at Newark. The first flight is operated by Lufthansa and the second is operated by United.

The first flights are both United ticketed. Doin't care who is operating them. They are both United flights.

The first flights are both United ticketed. Doin't care who is operating them. They are both United flights.

They are both "United Marketed" flights. They are most assuredly NOT both "United Flights". Significant difference.

But I wish you well finding the United Airlines counter at Dusseldorf airport, since you don't care who is actually operating the flight.

If the OP chooses these, should they check-in with United then? Especially if they heed your advice not to care who is operating them?

Hi everybody and thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

I do realize that I would need to check in with LH in DUS, inthe meantime I found out that given that LH and UA are one alliance the luggage would be checked through even if not on one ticket. (I would have to collect the luggage at EWR anyway, given that That is my first US airport.)

What I am still not sure about is, what the term mix and match implies- does it mean all flights on seperate tickets or does it just mean different airlines ...

I wrote an email to choice air but they just responded I should call them (which of course would be very pricey from D to US).

I guess I will find out once I find out. Thanks again and have a wonderful ,weekend.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

Did you not read the part where it says UA 9257 OPERATED BY LUFTHANSA? It is a Lufthansa flight from Germany to EWR it just has a UA flight number as they are in the same alliance (dig deep enough there are probably also Air Canada, SAS, South African Airways flight numbers associated as well) .. they then will take a UA flight to Miami. Who actually is operating the flight is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing.