Suite Lounge - can you take drinks out of the lounge?

Will be sailing on Oasis in a CLS - will they let you take drinks out of the lounge or must they be consumed in the lounge?

Yes. We took them back to our cabin several times.That was the nice thing about being on deck 17.

What about the Diamond Lounge on Oasis? Can you go in get a cup of specialty coffee and leave? would be convenient since I am right down the hall.

No problem.

We've always taken a drink out also, but it was stated on our Welcome letter. This was on a May 5 sailing of the Adventure.

We just consider it a suggestion like the suggested dress guidelines for the MDR posted in the Cruise Compass. ;) We also have never been stopped leaving the DL with drinks in hand. :wine-glass::wine-glass:

we have never been stopped taking drinks out of the diamond or suite lounges.. in fact when they come around for last call they often ask if we want one to go,,,, also on oasis last year the lounge was so crowded I told the bartender we were taking the drinks back to our balcony,.. after I had come back again he poured me a carafe of vodka plus the fixings for our vodka and club sodas , put them on a tray and said "this will save you another trip back.. enjoy

• Like 1

We were on Rhapsody and would meet friends in the Viking Crown. We’d get drinks in the adjacent Concierge Lounge and take them out no problem. After a couple of days the Concierge waiter began coming out periodically to get fresh drinks for us to save us coming back into the lounge. The Concierge was aware of this. Needless to say both the waiter and Concierge got very nice tips.

What about the Diamond Lounge on Oasis? Can you go in get a cup of specialty coffee and leave? would be convenient since I am right down the hall.

They even have to-go cups with lids for that purpose. My early morning routine usually involves filling two of those with cappuccino and enjoying them elsewhere while DW goes running.

Yes you can. Coffee is available 24 hours and you can take it with you no problem.

Yes, indeed "to-go" paper cups are there for that purpose, including covers. I fill one of those, then transfer the coffee into our travel mugs.

I think pretty much the "no drinks taken out of the lounge" rule was ignored when they came out with the drink vouchers.

Even before that though, on some ships when there were only "Diamond Events" before the Diamond Lounges were installed...we would be asked if we were headed to dinner. Bartender would suggest a "topper" for our glasses of wine.

Thank you all. Not big drinkers but the occasional drink on the balcony is nice so that's good to know. I may not bother with bringing wine on board now.

I don’t think I understand. You can bring some wine, 2 bottles, and because you can take wine from the balcony you won’t?

I think the point is to have something you like to have on the balcony, not just to have alcohol on the balcony.

JC

I don’t think I understand. You can bring some wine, 2 bottles, and because you can take wine from the balcony you won’t?

I think the point is to have something you like to have on the balcony, not just to have alcohol on the balcony.

JC

Agree. That is the only reason we take our 2 bottles on board, to simply enjoy on our balcony or while getting ready for dinner.

Especially nice on relaxing sea days enjoying that quiet space by the railing reserved just for us, with no worries of chair hogs! :wine-glass::wine-glass: