Luggage - Port Everglades - Rain

I’m sailing on the Allure this Sunday, May 27th amid all the tropical rain. Does anyone know if after your luggage is dropped with the porters if it goes outside again and gets exposed to the elements before getting on the ship. I am trying to figure out if I need to do anything special with my packing to protect against rain.

We had lost our luggage once on an overseas vacation due to flight delays and cancellations. When we got our bag our clothes were wet. We have since always place a garbage bag on the bottom of suitcase, then clothes and another garbage bag over the clothes. We have not had a problem since. If you have hard sided suitcase, this is a non issue. We are slowly migrating to hard sided.

I typically pack everything in my suitcase in giant ziploc bags. It keeps stuff from getting wet - from rain, broken liquor bottles, open toiletries etc. Plus it helps organize the suitcase. And, as I fly to port, it means that if TSA has to search my bag they can easily see everything and don't have to touch my stuff.

I just spray my soft-side luggage with the same stuff I use to waterproof my tent and then don't worry about it. Never had anything get wet inside.

Hard-side luggage is pretty good at keeping water out.

All though we use two carry one's

I use those space bags and vacuum pack clothes. Not only does it keep clothes dry. But the best reason (for me) I only unpack one vac bag every two days... instead of hanging up the whole 2 suitcases full of clothes on my 1st afternoon. Just remember to leave space in actual suitcase, I CANT shrink/vacuum bag on the way home ;p