San Francisco to honalulu

Spanish villan

San francisco - Honalulu.

Can anyone advise on weather for a 5 day crossing on above route in February? I know frisco can be cold and damp, just don't want 5 days at sea below deck.

Thanks in advance:D

Edited by Spanish villan
Route not mentioned

Commonly discussed here the first two days can be rougher and cooler, warming as you approach Hawaii. Hawaii is always pleasant. You are sailing in winter from California, although if you go in later February, it can start to dry out, and get more sun.

There is a Frisco in Texas, and one in Colorado- neither are cruise ports. There is no Frisco in California.

Weather in San Francisco can be unpredictable at best. We have had sunny and warm (long sleeve no jacket) and bone chilling cold in SF in January. Sailing the CA coast is some of the roughest seas you will encounter. We have never sailed W/B only N/B from Panama to SF and it was very rough the last night.

BTW: no "Frisco" in CA and no "Honalulu" in HI. But have a great time where ever you go. I am looking at a 28 day RT SF - Tahiti in 2020. So please come back and let us know how the seas were.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, heh,heh…...I lived in San Francisco for almost 10 years and yes, I shudder every time I hear someone refer to it as 'Frisco'. No one who lives there calls the city by the bay 'Frisco'. Almost an insult. That being said, I always wore a coat to work in the morning, sat in the sun at lunchtime then put the coat on after the 3pm fog rolled in. Our Feb. cruise to Hawaii will be a combination of layers of clothing, some being peeled off day by day. I moved to Florida after San Francisco....needed some warm air and no seasons.