shore excursions

gillyg

Typical shore excursions will be shown on the Cunard webpage for your cruise -

https://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qv/3032-v916-sou1-sou2/ports-and-excursions/

Actual excursions available and prices will be available on your Voyage Personaliser nearer the time.

Hi as Cunard newbies could anyone advise me how to find out what excursions the company offer for a given intinerary?

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I'm not yet able to see any of the lists of shore excursions for your voyage via the link to the "Netherlands, Belgium and France - Ports & Excursions" page Host Hattie provided above (even when I pretend I am in the UK).

Alternatively, lists of possible shore excursions are available by drilling down to each individual port starting with the "Destinations" tab. Select the region, followed by one of the countries on your itinerary (clicking on the link to "Discover" that country), then finally select the specific port. From there you should see a list of shore excursions that may be offered for that port.

Or to make it even easier, here are the links to the individual shore excursion pages for the ports on your itinerary (St Peter Port, Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, and Cherbourg).

https://www.cunard.co.uk/destinations/british-isles-cruises/guernsey/st-peter-port/

https://www.cunard.co.uk/destinations/northern-europe-cruises/netherlands/rotterdam/

https://www.cunard.co.uk/destinations/northern-europe-cruises/belgium/bruxelles/

https://www.cunard.co.uk/destinations/northern-europe-cruises/france/cherbourg/

As Host Hattie mentioned, the actual shore excursion that will be offered for your specific voyage will show up in your Voyage Personaliser closer to your departure. Look for them to be there at least 12 weeks prior to your departure date if not sooner.

That's odd, it was showing at least Cherbourg earlier (but it probably thinks I'm in Holland !)

My mistake. I can see the Cherbourg and St Peter Port shore excursions via your link. I can't see any excursions for the other two ports though, so hopefully the alternate strategy and the links I provided will be useful for the possible excursions from those other ports.

I think Cunard are hedging their excursion bets. I gather they don't want to disappoint passengers if later the excursion they wanted are not available. It would be handy if they listed possible excursions with a caveat that some or all might not be available for a particular cruise. That would at least give the passenger ideas. Choose a favorite and one or two backups.

I think Cunard are hedging their excursion bets. I gather they don't want to disappoint passengers if later the excursion they wanted are not available. It would be handy if they listed possible excursions with a caveat that some or all might not be available for a particular cruise. That would at least give the passenger ideas. Choose a favorite and one or two backups.

I think Cunard does a pretty good job of what you are suggesting. Once you find the lists of shore excursions for a specific port, Cunard provides the following caveat.

"Please note: The shore excursions listed are typical for this port. The full programme of shore excursions available for your cruise will be displayed on Cruise Personaliser at least 12 weeks prior to departure."

They do make it a bit difficult though to get to the port destination pages from the "Port & Excursions" page for a particular voyage. If you follow Host Hattie's link to the "Ports & Excursions" page for the OP's voyage, you can see the shore excursions for two of the ports (St Peter Port and Cherbourg) by clicking on those port names in the day-by-day itinerary list along the right side of the page. But no shore excursions are shown doing that for the other ports on the itinerary.

All of the port names are also listed in a "Ports of Call" section near the bottom of the voyage's "Ports & Excursions" page. But if you simply click on those port name links nothing happens (in my browser at least). That's what I was originally trying to do when I mistakenly concluded that I couldn't see any of the shore excursion lists for the voyage in question.

But here's a trick that works for me. Right-click on a port name within that "Ports of Call" section and then select "Open link in new tab" (or "Open in new tab" depending on which browser you are using). That will bring up the port's destination page within a new browser tab including the list of possible shore excursions from that port.

So it's a bit clumsy, but you can eventually find lists of the possible shore excursions for each port starting from a specific voyage's "Ports & Excursions" page.

Finally, I googled Cunard Excursions (city) and got the complete possible lists enough to make some preliminary decisions. I don't know why the Cunard web site makes it so difficult. I guess it is not surprising, when you log on to the Voyage Personalizer you have to accept a long list of 'legal' terms to use it. I imagine that they have had legal issues in the past so they are protecting themselves.

Finally, I googled Cunard Excursions (city) and got the complete possible lists enough to make some preliminary decisions. ...

Yeah, that's probably as good a strategy as any. Using Rotterdam as an example, a google search I tried for just "Cunard Rotterdam" produces "Cruises to Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Cunard Cruise Line" as the first search result for me when searching from the UK. And that leads directly to the destination page on the Cunard web site listing the possible shore excursions for Rotterdam.

https://www.cunard.co.uk/destinations/northern-europe-cruises/netherlands/rotterdam/

The alternative strategy I mentioned in post #3 above takes several more steps than that to navigate to that very same page when starting at the Cunard home page and proceeding through the "Destinations" tab.

Here's a somewhat odd behavior I hadn't noticed before. The shore excursions aren't always listed in the same order on that page. Refreshing the page or retrieving it a second time in another browser window rearranges the order in which the excursions are listed. Maybe they want to make sure the same excursions aren't always given top billing.

Edited by bluemarble