Allure of the Seas REVIEW (Sept. 2 to 9) - Super long with probably too many details!

PirateGal

Thanks for the review! We will be on Allure in a few weeks with our 4 and 8 year olds so I appreciated the insight you provided from a family perspective.

Hi there! My husband and I will also be cruising on the Allure on the Oct. 7th sailing for my 40th birthday celebration! We are bringing our 2 boys, ages 5 and 8 with us, and it will be their first time cruising. Maybe our kids will get to know each other in Adventure Ocean! Have a blast!!

I found this allure review the most helpful yet! We will be traveling next fall with our 6 year old. All of the info you provided was extremely helpful. I didn’t realize AO wasn’t available all day for sea days.

Did you happen to see the Trolls characters at all on the ship? My daughter lovesssssss Trolls.

Ahh, thank you! Glad you found the review helpful!

We didn't see any of the Trolls. Characters we saw:

Shrek - Shrek, Princess Fiona, Puss in Boots

Madagascar - Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, 4 x Penguins

Kung Fu Panda - Po

How to Train Your Dragon - 2 or 3 of the vikings, one small dragon, Toothless was a blow up inflatable at the Bridge during the parades, Astrid and Hiccup

"Current Pool - I likened it to a flushing toilet experience - water swirling round and round and a faint scent of urine. "

Best line of the review. I thought the same thing every time I walked by it!

Great review. I was on the Allure last month and it was nice to relive the experience.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Hi there! My husband and I will also be cruising on the Allure on the Oct. 7th sailing for my 40th birthday celebration! We are bringing our 2 boys, ages 5 and 8 with us, and it will be their first time cruising. Maybe our kids will get to know each other in Adventure Ocean! Have a blast!!

Awesome! Are your boys getting excited? My kids really are. We are traveling for my 40th birthday as well - perhaps celebratory drinks are in order?!

Did you happen to see the Trolls characters at all on the ship? My daughter lovesssssss Trolls.

I looked at a recent compass for Allure (from a week weeks ago) and Poppy and Branch make two short appearances all week. We plan to try to track them down as our kids love Trolls too!

I looked at a recent compass for Allure (from a week weeks ago) and Poppy and Branch make two short appearances all week. We plan to try to track them down as our kids love Trolls too!

I hope you find 'em! They weren't part of the Welcome/Farewell parades which is too bad. I thought they would have all the characters parading through!

Thanks for the review. I love your hack for getting smoked salmon Benedict for breakfast! I don’t eat pork, and sometimes they have Eggs Florentine in the menu, but they didn’t on Navigator last month so I settled for just eggs and hollandaise. Next time I will just order some salmon and build my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you find 'em! They weren't part of the Welcome/Farewell parades which is too bad. I thought they would have all the characters parading through!

Good to know! We haven’t told the kids that Trolls could be there just in case - no reason to set them up for that disappointment! If we find them it’ll be a nice surprise. ;)

Thanks for the review. I love your hack for getting smoked salmon Benedict for breakfast! I don’t eat pork, and sometimes they have Eggs Florentine in the menu, but they didn’t on Navigator last month so I settled for just eggs and hollandaise. Next time I will just order some salmon and build my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reading! Yes, totally build your own especially if you don't eat pork!

Awesome! Are your boys getting excited? My kids really are. We are traveling for my 40th birthday as well - perhaps celebratory drinks are in order?!

My boys are over the top excited. I just hope they are as excited when they see the Adventure Ocean program. LOL. We pre-booked our shore excursions and plan on leaving them in the Kids Club in Cozumel while we go on an ATV tour. Where are you guys from? We are from the Cleveland area. Would love to have a celebratory drink!

What a nice concise useful review, thank you! I have to ask...what are savory bites?

Savory bites are tiny bread rolls covered in poppyseed. I think they also have bits of garlic in them. They used to be in the RCL's bread baskets in the main dining room. I read on Cruise Critic that they were discontinued and we just love them - very tasty! When we asked for them, our server said "Oh I see you've cruised with us before!" Haha!

My boys are over the top excited. I just hope they are as excited when they see the Adventure Ocean program. LOL. We pre-booked our shore excursions and plan on leaving them in the Kids Club in Cozumel while we go on an ATV tour. Where are you guys from? We are from the Cleveland area. Would love to have a celebratory drink!

We are from Colorado! We toyed with the idea of leaving one or both kids behind, also on Cozumel, but we are going to try it. We are doing the Sea Turtle Rescue. If you’re going to the CC meet & Mingle we will look for you guys. Happy birthday if we don’t run into you!

Savory bites are tiny bread rolls covered in poppyseed. I think they also have bits of garlic in them. They used to be in the RCL's bread baskets in the main dining room. I read on Cruise Critic that they were discontinued and we just love them - very tasty! When we asked for them, our server said "Oh I see you've cruised with us before!" Haha!

Sounds delicious! I might have had them before on my only other RCL cruise, but it was too many years ago to remember. Thank you!

Thanks for your review of Allure. I'll be flying down on the same Westjet flight you took (I first have to fly Halifax - Toronto at 6:30am...gross!)

My partner and I don't have kids so I appreciate that your review had lot's of great info for the adults as well!

Thanks for your review of Allure. I'll be flying down on the same Westjet flight you took (I first have to fly Halifax - Toronto at 6:30am...gross!)

My partner and I don't have kids so I appreciate that your review had lot's of great info for the adults as well!

Thanks for reading!

It will be a super long travel day for you but worth it! ENJOY!

Thank you for the review! We sail in December. We recently changed rooms and I had a choice between port and starboard. I would have gone with port but luckily I read your review right before that. So THANKS [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely go with starboard! There's more action on that side. Glad I was able to help with your decision!