Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

RCI have started very early with port bookings for the summer 2020 European season.

Port bookings at Gibraltar confirm that Anthem of the Seas will be based out of Southampton for the summer season in 2020 along with Indy.

Jewel appears on May 5th and it is unclear if this is maybe a post dry dock re-entry to the MED or if the ship is heading out from the MED to another home port for summer of 2020.

As Brilliance is booked at both Grand Cayman in 2021 and has a September 2020 at Gibraltar it looks like she will stay on the same pattern with Amsterdam and then later a Barcelona mini-season.

Even with this early start it would seem that they are still booking Celebrity and some remaining Azamara before they really get serious with Royal port bookings.

RCI have started very early with port bookings for the summer 2020 European season.

Port bookings at Gibraltar confirm that Anthem of the Seas will be based out of Southampton for the summer season in 2020 along with Indy.

Jewel appears on May 5th and it is unclear if this is maybe a post dry dock re-entry to the MED or if the ship is heading out from the MED to another home port for summer of 2020.

As Brilliance is booked at both Grand Cayman in 2021 and has a September 2020 at Gibraltar it looks like she will stay on the same pattern with Amsterdam and then later a Barcelona mini-season.

Even with this early start it would seem that they are still booking Celebrity and some remaining Azamara before they really get serious with Royal port bookings.

Anthem to Southampton is exciting for the European market. However, I am very disappointed that RC won't base a Quantum class ship out of FL or another southern US port!!!

• Like 1

Anthem to Southampton is exciting for the European market. However, I am very disappointed that RC won't base a Quantum class ship out of FL or another southern US port!!!

Here is my speculation: After her Southampton season, Anthem heads to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. This was the original plan for her before Quantum was sent to China. Quantum 5 replaces her in Cape Liberty when she debuts in fall 2020.

Here is my speculation: After her Southampton season, Anthem heads to Fort Lauderdale or Miami. This was the original plan for her before Quantum was sent to China. Quantum 5 replaces her in Cape Liberty when she debuts in fall 2020.

I agree. I think Anthem moves to Ft Lauderdale taking the place of one of the two oasis class ships and Miami takes on the sat/sun oasis rotation

I agree. I think Anthem moves to Ft Lauderdale taking the place of one of the two oasis class ships and Miami takes on the sat/sun oasis rotation

That would be fabulous!

Anthem to Southampton is great news - she had some bad press from a few very vocal critics when she debuted in 2015 (I think because she was so different from the independence) but judging from the comments on other sites there are a lot of people eager for return! Myself included!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anthem to Southampton is great news - she had some bad press from a few very vocal critics when she debuted in 2015 (I think because she was so different from the independence) but judging from the comments on other sites there are a lot of people eager for return! Myself included!

I'll 2nd that I would love to see Anthem come to the UK.

Will defiantly be a change from the Indy.

Jules

Allure is due for a dry dock in 2020. Prior trends suggest she will head to Barcelona for the summer season.

I know! Booking can't come soon enough. I've booked other cruises more than 2 years out, so having to wait is a bear.

Speculation on Cape Liberty for Summer 2020 if Quantum 5 won't come til fall (assuming she's going there)? A Voyager and Freedom class?

I've been wondering that myself. I would assume Freedom Class will be the summer replacement for Anthem, as they're probably going to want to keep similar capacity. That would leave Liberty or Freedom, as Indy will be in Southampton. Freedom is getting her Royal Amplified upgrades in January 2020, so she might be the most likely contender IMO. I wonder what replaces her in San Juan for the summer then...

Call this a hunch but I don’t think that a Florida will see the Anthem after gopher European season. All of the large ships that are based in Florida are undergoing a huge revitalization as part of the Royal Amplified program. Anthem was not included in this. I winder if perhaps she will sail year round from Europe.

So glad this thread is up and running now! I'm looking to Hawaii or Europe in Sept 2020 and Symphony or Harmony for Jan 2021. I konw I have a long time to wait but looking foward to seeing the info that's revealed.

Call this a hunch but I don’t think that a Florida will see the Anthem after gopher European season. All of the large ships that are based in Florida are undergoing a huge revitalization as part of the Royal Amplified program. Anthem was not included in this. I winder if perhaps she will sail year round from Europe.

The reason is that she is only five years old....

While I would love to do a couple of days in NY (have never been there)and then head to Jersey to board the Anthem ( have never been on her), my hubby won’t go for that. So, I would love it if Anthem was based out of Ft. Lauderdale for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The reason is that she is only five years old....

Could be. I guess I was just comparing Anthem to Oasis and Allure who although are 10 are part of this.

Maybe it’s a challenge to put the slides in on Anthem but the lack of them still has me believe that she will be used for the cooler climates as opposed to being based out of Florida.