Need some advise/suggestion about FCC! TIA

CRUISEMAMI

I’ll appreciate some advise/suggestions, about the FCC!

To make a long story short: we had 7 cruises booked for 2018!

Unfortunately, we had to cancel all of them! Doing so, we lost$600 in penalty (we do understand that) and for two, we got the FCC ($350 each=$1,400)

We were not upset about them, because, as things were getting better, we would cruise again!

Well, things got worse, and my husband is not longer able to travel!

My TA got in touch with RC and ask if we could get our money back, due to the circumstances.

We were told NO: we can’t change the rules for one person! It’s a credit, if you don’t use it, you lose it!!

WHAT??? I know it’s a credit, but we paid for it!

And we do have a proof that he cant travels, anymore!

Anybody has ideas or suggestions, how to go about it?

Thank you[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry about your husband but unless you booked suites there was a choice between refundable and non refundable and you must have picked the non refundable and those are the rules.

You have one year to ue them, you could at least use yours and sail solo or with a friend/relative

It sounds like your TA booked non refundable deposit. The only recourse may be with the TA if you were not told that was what category you were booking. Unfortunately, I believe you are out of luck getting a refund through RCI. You always had the option of booking a refundable deposit unless you were booked in a suite.

Sorry to hear that your husband can no longer travel. That sound much more problematic than the financial loss.

You have a year to use your FCC. Can/Will you want to cruise in that time? If so, not a total loss.

I wonder what would happen if you booked a cruise for the two of you applying both FCC’s (you can pray for a miraculous recovery), and hubby sadly ended up as a no show. How could/would cruise line reclaim the FCC from the no show? Does anybody know?

Because apparently the OP has no insurance, it's a loss if they don't cruise again within a yr.

If the OP can go before the credits are lost. I'd book a cruise using the credits for the booking with the husband as the second and he be a no show. Hopefully can be used all at once?

Hi, I know that my husband Health comes first!

But, I checked my FCC and they expire before a year!

Example, the cruise that we canceled for 3/30/2018, the cruise that we need to take is,on or before 1/5/2019

The cruises that we booked with the NRD, were booked on the Nav! We were told about the $100 pp penalty, if we cancel them! No a word about the FCC and we did no sign the form about NRD!

We always buy the insurance, but if you cancel a cruise, the insurance it’s not going to pay for the deposit!

And if I book a cruise for the both of us, and he’s not show, I won’t get the money back for his FCC, because it won’t show as cash, but they will lower the price of the cruise by the value of the FCC.

My TA was on the phone with RC, trying to get an exception to the rules, because this is a different situation (and we know that some times RC makes exceptions)

Unfortunately, not this time!

Right now we are at the ER!!!!

Example, the cruise that we canceled for 3/30/2018, the cruise that we need to take is,on or before 1/5/2019

The cruises that we booked with the NRD, were booked on the Nav! We were told about the $100 pp penalty, if we cancel them! No a word about the FCC and we did no sign the form about NRD!

We always buy the insurance, but if you cancel a cruise, the insurance it’s not going to pay for the deposit!

And if I book a cruise for the both of us, and he’s not show, I won’t get the money back for his FCC, because it won’t show as cash, but they will lower the price of the cruise by the value of the FCC.

My TA was on the phone with RC, trying to get an exception to the rules, because this is a different situation (and we know that some times RC makes exceptions)

Good luck in the ER You have one year from when you cancel to use the FCC so if your expires 1/5/19 your TA must have cancelled your booking back in January 2018

Good luck in the ER You have one year from when you cancel to use the FCC so if your expires 1/5/19 your TA must have cancelled your booking back in January 2018

Agree. It's not 1yr from sailing date, it's 1yr from date of cancellation. Sorry, doesn't help now but most wait to cancel right before Final payment is due then year starts then. Sorry for our situation. My Mom's not well, lost 3 Grandparents and my InLaws in last 5yrs and my Step Father passed just in March. Family/Health comes first. Hope only the best for you and your's...

Not understanding this.

If you book a cruise for both costing $2000 and the FCC is $500 each, you would pay $1000. He is no show, you still have paid $1000.

Not understanding this.

If you book a cruise for both costing $2000 and the FCC is $500 each, you would pay $1000. He is no show, you still have paid $1000.

Hi, for RC, they will lower the price of the cruise, by $350 (the amount of his FCC!

So, if the cruise is $1000 pp, the invoice, for him, will read $650!

Mine will read $1000!

So, if he’s not show, and I file for the insurance, I’ll be reimburse only $650.

Not matter what, I’ll lose his $350!

So, won’t happen again, that’s for sure!

That’s how they explained to my TA, when she called! You don’t use it, you lose it!

Hi, for RC, they will lower the price of the cruise, by $350 (the amount of his FCC!

So, if the cruise is $1000 pp, the invoice, for him, will read $650!

Mine will read $1000!

So, if he’s not show, and I file for the insurance, I’ll be reimburse only $650.

Not matter what, I’ll lose his $350!

So, won’t happen again, that’s for sure!

That’s how they explained to my TA, when she called! You don’t use it, you lose it!

That won't work anyway because you can't book a cruise knowing he can't go and expect to get reimbursed

Agree. It's not 1yr from sailing date, it's 1yr from date of cancellation. Sorry, doesn't help now but most wait to cancel right before Final payment is due then year starts then. Sorry for our situation. My Mom's not well, lost 3 Grandparents and my InLaws in last 5yrs and my Step Father passed just in March. Family/Health comes first. Hope only the best for you and your's...

Thank you! They are going to keep him, at least over night!

Hope for the best...

What they're saying is you go solo, but book as if your husband would be joining you to use his FCC.

Ie a cruise costs 1000 each. Whether you book solo or double it's 2000. If you book solo you can only apply your 350 FCC for a total cost of 1650. But if you book it for your husband and yourself you can both use the 350 FCC each, he no shows, and now you've paid 1300 for your solo cruise.

You don't lose the 350 if he no shows, it went to lower the price of the solo cruise for you. Unless royal somehow retroactively goes after more money due to the no show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You’d have to want to take that (presumably solo) cruise for the suggestion for hubby to no show to work. If you do not intend to cruise, it is hard to use those FCC. If you wanted to take a friend (or two) you could price a triple (or quad) cabin, applying both hubby’s FCC and your FCC, then hubby would no show leaving you and friend in cabin. I suppose if neither you or hubby showed up, your friend(s) would sail solo. It gets a bit involved; maybe not the best use of your mental energy.

I really don’t think you are going to get the the cash back. Using the credits on cruises is probably the best you can do at this point.

Right now I can’t think at any cruising! But if I’ll have the chance, I’ll go; I was thinking booking for two, and using the $700 FCC (me and my husband) and then he won’t show! I think it will cheaper then go solo!

Going solo will cost me 150% and couldn’t use his coupons!

Tomorrow we’ll know more about what’s going on with him! If as the doc, was telling today, that probably he’ll need some rehabilitation, then I’ll book a cruise, because I need some time off, to relax and to get ready, for everything that will come our way!

Thanks for all your good wishes, and thank you!