Cunard wine list - new 2018

Elephant1151

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the list. Being able to peruse it now will save me a lot of time on the ship, especially at the first couple of dinners. My quick impression is that it's a diverse, well-selected, and reasonably-priced list (excluding such things as first-growth Bordeaux, aged Ports, and rare Burgundies, which are never reasonably-priced, anywhere).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who may be dubious about carry-on and corkage, I can report that on our recent QM2 westbound TA we brought 6 lovely clarets purchased in London, handed them over to the sommelier  on our first night, and essentially had our own private wine list for (almost) the entire voyage.  The sommelier was accommodating, gracious, and helpful in matching particular bottles to particular main courses.  I wouldn't think of not doing it again.

Not only did this cost half the price (or less) of Cunard's comparable offerings, the wines were bottles we cannot get in the US that we consider the best Bordeaux values anywhere -- the house label clarets from Berry Bros. & Rudd (in St. James's St.) -- Margaux, Pauillac, Pessac-Leognan, Pomerol, etc.  These are special bottlings from mid-level classified-growth chateaus, not the very choicest grapes that go into the respective "first labels," but nevertheless lovely products of the same vineyards and the same winemakers.  Prices are £18-25.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've noticed the Cunard UK FAQ now has a link to this wine list in the answer to the question "How much are the drinks on board?"

Queen Mary 2 Wine List

This appears to be an updated version of the wine list originally posted on this thread last year (and still posted on the Cunard US FAQ by the way).

I'm not seeing separate links to QE and QV wine lists on the UK FAQ any more, so I don't know if this wine list is specific to QM2 as the link would tend to imply.

Also, I'm not seeing any prices listed on this version of the wine list, so it may not be all that helpful, especially when it purports to answer a question about drinks prices. But I thought I'd post it for those who may be interested.

Edited by bluemarble

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone mentioned in another thread that they allowing some Champagne by the glass to those with the wine package . I don't see it here. Maybe the sparkling wine  made in Great Britain.I tried   it and thought it was good . Would have to be under $12/ glass. Have Princess Grill wine package.