Live. Adventure 9/17

simpsol

Have never done this before but energized by others doing the same. Bear with me.

Arrived in Quebec today. Uber driver was fabulous. Best I’ve ever had. Even got a dolly for the luggage and brought it into hotel. Never seen one do they before. But hey, it’s Canada man! Where civility reigns.

Checked into Hilton with zero problems. They even gave us access to the executive lounge where I found a plate full of crab legs and thought I had died and gone to heaven. We have a corner room with fabulous views. We are off to dinner after a martini and a crab snack .

Tomorrow is whale watching tour in search of Beluga whales

b2314d0d59eb0d3035ebe7573cc48aec.jpg1342ac0ba21f3b7b4586e07ba851e5b4.jpgefd7d1aaebd486b5562a8406bf98d119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now, this is exciting. Sitting in the Quebec City Marriott, recovering from a day of sightseeing, and I find your review! “Hey, Mom, we’re going to be on a cruise in a live review!”

It’s the little things in life, and, yes, I do need to get out more. Enjoy whale watching and see you Monday!

Today was a mix of fab and ho hum. Today was whale watching. Bus picked us up at 8:40 am. We made it to the whale watching place at 12:45. Had no idea. But the drive was beautiful. The leaves are starting to change. Driver said next week will be magical. For this Texas girl who rarely sees fall leaves even what we saw was magical to me. The forest, the lakes, the absolute beauty of Canada.

The whale watching was mostly ho hum. My quest was beluga whales. They are protected and the boat isn’t allowed to go into that area. Oh well. We did see two awesome whale moments. One, a whale 10 feet from out boat, the other a humpback diving fairly close to us. I hope to post the videos later.

Tomorrow we board the Adventure. We are excited....

Day one. Boarding was super easy and fast. We were onboard at 11 am! Buffet didn’t even open until 11:30. Got into room a few minutes early then started standing in lines. Internet, dining package reservations and my time dining reservations. Pics of lines attached f8ff9a1aab9a573ab81b25c584deaf86.jpgb9020fa074b228accc3e5406d510c550.jpgd5dd753d00118be1aba70593312bc106.jpg8ce30a45795916f6c6abebbbbb8aae70.jpg

Internet is horrible. Their definition of streaming and fastest internet at sea is scary. By their own admission most streaming is at most 2 gigs and generally less. But non streaming internet is capped at 812 kw. So streaming is essentially non existent but we can live with that. We ARE on vacation you know

Attaching various ship photos. Dinner tonight at Giovanni’s . c9b782a2f8a75496dc00ba1ffd1760cb.jpg84f3a3acd355f087369de0050eacc355.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums