Embarkation day lunch options besides Windjammer?

bangzoom6877

On the Anthem OTS, what other options are there for lunch other than the Windjammer? If the Windjammer is crazy crowded like the lunch buffets on embarkation day on some cruises we’ve been on, we would rather avoid it if we can. It will just be me and my husband and we go in April. Thanks in advance!

On the Anthem OTS, what other options are there for lunch other than the Windjammer? If the Windjammer is crazy crowded like the lunch buffets on embarkation day on some cruises we’ve been on, we would rather avoid it if we can. It will just be me and my husband and we go in April. Thanks in advance!

On our August 23rd Anthem sail, we ate at 2X70 and enjoyed the wonderful roast beef sandwiches. Also, open in addition to the WJ, was Solarium Bistro and Jamie's (pay restaurant) and Coastal Kitchen (Suite only).

Here’s a cruise compass. You can see the lunch options on day 1.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/skm_c45818040907580/1?ff&e=2025714/60125289

On our August 23rd Anthem sail, we ate at 2X70 and enjoyed the wonderful roast beef sandwiches. Also, open in addition to the WJ, was Solarium Bistro and Jamie's (pay restaurant) and Coastal Kitchen (Suite only).

Thank you! Not staying in a suite so can’t go to Coastal Kitchen. Maybe we will go to Solarium Bistro or 270. Does Solarium Bistro get as crowded as the Windjammer?

Thank you! Not staying in a suite so can’t go to Coastal Kitchen. Maybe we will go to Solarium Bistro or 270. Does Solarium Bistro get as crowded as the Windjammer?

Not usually, Solarium is usually pretty quiet especially on embarkation day!

Solarium Bistro not nearly as crowded as Windjammer, even on embarkation day. Smaller selection and smaller in size than Windjammer, but very calm and peaceful.

Not usually, Solarium is usually pretty quiet especially on embarkation day!

Solarium Bistro not nearly as crowded as Windjammer, even on embarkation day. Smaller selection and smaller in size than Windjammer, but very calm and peaceful.

Sounds like this is perfect for us on embarkation day! No children allowed in there, right? Maybe that is why it would be less crowded. We’re going Easter week so I know the ship will be full!

Sounds like this is perfect for us on embarkation day! No children allowed in there, right? Maybe that is why it would be less crowded. We’re going Easter week so I know the ship will be full!

Children are allowed in the solarium Bistro. It’s only the solarium that they are not allowed in however they may pass through.

270 and Solarium Bistro are better options than the Windjammer. Not crowded, easier to find tables, and 270 has the added bonus of the roast beef sandwiches. Great way to start a cruise.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

We always go to Sorrentos and enjoy a couple of slices of pizza. Never crowded and we can sit, talk and enjoy our lunch.

Great tips, thanks!

After cabins open around 1:00 or 1:30, the Windjammer clears out.

Sounds good, maybe at that point we will check it out and take a look. We plan to board as early as possible so by 1pm we should be finished eating already. But maybe we will head there for some dessert.