Formal Night on Empress of the Seas

Can anyone tell me if this ship has formal nights on its Cuba sailings? I read on Royal's website that it does not, however, when I called Royal, they told me the Cuba sailings have two. Anyone that can provide correct information, would be appreciated.

Royal’s CSR’s should be required to spend 15 minutes a day as part of the training reading Bob’s posts.

I'd say that you, Ellen, and Carol should be above me on that list.:) I'm still in cruise mode, making too many mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We sailed on Empress October 11th. Based on what I had read on CC, I told my husband we would not have any formal nights but to my surprise, we did! 😳. This was a 7 night cruise and we had one formal night and one “ dress to impress” night ( whatever that is!) 😂. The rest were all casual.  

Neither one one of us took any formal clothes.

Sherri🙂

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

We sailed on Empress October 11th. Based on what I had read on CC, I told my husband we would not have any formal nights but to my surprise, we did! 😳. This was a 7 night cruise and we had one formal night and one “ dress to impress” night ( whatever that is!) 😂. The rest were all casual.  

Neither one one of us took any formal clothes.

Sherri🙂

Wow that's the first I've heard of that.  Wonder if this is something new.  I wouldn't have had any formal clothes either.

I wondered if it was new since Empress had been doing 5 night cruises and this was a seven night or did someone make a mistake in the Compass? 

We we did see a few men dressed in tuxes.  My husband wore dark jeans with a button down shirt.  😂  

Sherri🙂

17 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I wondered if it was new since Empress had been doing 5 night cruises and this was a seven night or did someone make a mistake in the Compass? 

We we did see a few men dressed in tuxes.  My husband wore dark jeans with a button down shirt.  😂  

Sherri🙂

Dark jeans and a button down shirts are pretty commonplace on formal nights nowadays.  I'm sure he fit in fine 😁

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Empress.  An email from RC said there was no formal night.  However, the Compass had a formal night.  When we told our waiter we would not be at dinner due to lack of formal wear, he assured us that there was no formal night.  We showed up.  The other two couples at our table were in formal wear as were others in the dining room.  It was ok though, there were some in the dining room in shorts (in defiance of the posted dress code for the mdr at night).  Apparently, do what you want.