Opinions on Studio Ocean View cabins on Empress of the Seas

Which sailing is this?

It would be fine for a single.

6 Night Key West, Cienfuegos, Cayman in December 2018. RC just posted a bunch of new itineraries for the Empress out of Miami in 2018-19. The Studio Ocean Views are available without single supplement but there appears to be only 3 of them on the ship!

6 Night Key West, Cienfuegos, Cayman in December 2018. RC just posted a bunch of new itineraries for the Empress out of Miami in 2018-19. The Studio Ocean Views are available without single supplement but there appears to be only 3 of them on the ship!

It is interesting to see that RCI is branching out away from Havana. That's a good deal for a Cuba cruise for a single.

• 1 month later...

Last week I purchased a studio cabin for 1 for the November 4, 2018 sailing of the Empress that goes to Labadee, Nassau, Santiago de Cuba and Havana. There are 4 studio cabins on the Empress. Two of the cabins are on deck four (the two front cabins with a porthole) and two are on deck eight (both with an unobstructed full window). I originally booked a deck four cabin but switched to the deck eight cabin when I found out the deck four cabin had a porthole instead of a window.

I booked for a set price. A couple of days ago the price dropped and I called RCCI. The company lowered my price. The following day the price dropped again. RCCI dropped my price again. The following day the price increased. The next day all four cabins were sold out.

There are 4 studio cabins on the Empress.

There are 6 studio OV cabins.... 4000,4500, 7032, 7532, 8030, 8530.

**NOTE: you will not get 2 Crown & Anchor points sailing solo in these cabins even though they can be sold as double occupancy.... I checked with 3 different sources and each came back with the same answer. If you want double points, you have to pay the double occupancy rate.

• Thanks 1

Cabins 7032 and 7532 are category 4N (standard outside cabin) whereas cabins 4000, 4500, 8030 and 8530 are category 2O (studio ocean view). There are only 4 studio cabins on the Empress.

Im wrong, you are correct. I just went back and tried to find any sailing with the deck 7 2O cabins and of course there are none.... they are 4N category cabins like you said.

And yet when I was on the phone with my TA and then C&A, I had one of the deck 7 cabins available and up on my screen for the June 9th sailing. I did not take a screen shot... and I’m one here on this forum that almost always provides photos as proof! Grrrr

I’m going to chalk this one up to one those of extremely rare RCL IT glitches on their extremely professional well maintained website and data base

• 4 months later...
These photos are from Cabin 8530 on Empress of the Seas. It's one of four solo cabins. I liked it.

Thank you for those photos. The cabin does look okay for one. Too bad they have a double bed....I wonder if they'd remove one of the beds for a little extra room? But I'm impressed!

These photos are from Cabin 8530 on Empress of the Seas. It's one of four solo cabins. I liked it.

I like it too, thank you so much for posting!

Would you kindly be able to post photos of the bathroom as well?

Is Empress the only older build which has those cabins?

She's the oldest ship in the fleet who offers studio staterooms. By age, the others are:

• Empress (1990) - oceanview
  • Adventure (2001) - interior
  • Radiance (2001) - interior
  • Brilliance (2002) - interior
  • Serenade (2003) - interior
  • Mariner (2003) - interior, to be added in June 2018 drydock
  • Jewel (2004) - interior
  • Quantum (2014) - interior, balcony
  • Anthem (2015) - interior, balcony
  • Ovation (2016) - interior, balcony
  • Harmony (2016) - interior, oceanview
  • Symphony (2018) - interior, oceanview