Guarantee Cabins on MSC

CruiseGal999

People who HAVE had guarantee cabins with MSC Seaside, were you happy with the choice/location? Were they good cabins? What were your dislikes about these cabins? Thanks.

The cruises I'm looking at are coming up with ONLY guarantee cabins as an option. I have never done this and don't know if it will turn out OK if I do.

We booked a guaranteed Fantastica inner cabin with the MSC Seaview and we received a Fantastica balcony cabin. We are happy with the location. September is our cruising date.

Begin this year we have booked a Fantastica inner cabin on the Meraviglia and we received the YC innercabin with all the YC perks. That was even better. :)

We booked a guaranteed Fantastica inner cabin with the MSC Seaview and we received a Fantastica balcony cabin. We are happy with the location. September is our cruising date.

Begin this year we have booked a Fantastica inner cabin on the Meraviglia and we received the YC innercabin with all the YC perks. That was even better. :)

That's certainly encouraging! Thank you. I am looking at September sailing also. I guess that's why there is ONLY guarantee cabins.

As long as you will be OK with the worst cabin in your category you will have a good time. We booked a Bella balcony and ended up with a Wellness cabin. We don't get the Wellness experience, just the cabin. Bob

Do I understand you correctly that you have already sailed earlier this year on Meraviglia and were upgraded to YC and received all the YC perks? or is that sailing still to happen?

Do I understand you correctly that you have already sailed earlier this year on Meraviglia and were upgraded to YC and received all the YC perks? or is that sailing still to happen?

Yes, we have sailed the Meraviglia this year in January in the YC inner cabin. We are a group of four persons and booked two Fantastica inner cabins on this ship. It was pretty close to the embarking date so the choices in cabins wasn't large. We have booked in November I think. It was even neccessary to book the two cabins on different decks. After the payment MSC upgraded both cabins to YC. The cabins were now side by side. It was an upgrade with full YC perks. Butler service, accessing the YC lounge/restaurant, access to Top Sail deck, free Spa area, premium drink package with minibar usage, YC bath robe etc. All included. We had the best cruise week ever.

The pre-booked drinking vouchers weren't used on that cruise. We planned to use them on next coming cruise on the Seaside.

See also this thread, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55015505

Edited by blordos