MSC cruises on Aruba? Eagle Beach.

sverigecruiser

Our Divina cruise, February 10, will get us to Aruba. Some excursions are now postad on their website but nothing to Eagle Beach. Can we expect that to come later?

I don't know if Eagle Beach is the best beach there but it's defenitely the most famous beach there and according to many lists it's one of the best beaches in the world. I think that it's very odd if there will be no excursions to Eagle Beach.

Is it easy to get there from where MSC dock? Easy to get a cab or maybe even walking distance? (I have looked on google earth but I'm not sure where MSC dock.)

Is it worth going there or are other beaches better?

Why do you need an "excursion" to simply go to Eagle. You can walk across the street from the port and take the bus for about $2. Or you could grab a taxi. Once at Eagle you will have to negotiate your own deal on loungers but you should be able to get 2 chairs for about $25. If you get to Eagle and are not happy you could jump on the next bus and go out to nearby Palm Beach.

Hank

Why do you need an "excursion" to simply go to Eagle. You can walk across the street from the port and take the bus for about $2. Or you could grab a taxi. Once at Eagle you will have to negotiate your own deal on loungers but you should be able to get 2 chairs for about $25. If you get to Eagle and are not happy you could jump on the next bus and go out to nearby Palm Beach.

Hank

No need for an excursion if it's easy to get there. I asked about that too so thanks.

The best thing for us should be an excurtion with some kind of sightseeing first and then a stop at Eagle Beach. I don't mind the cost but if they don't have it they don't.

No need for an excursion if it's easy to get there. I asked about that too so thanks.

The best thing for us should be an excurtion with some kind of sightseeing first and then a stop at Eagle Beach. I don't mind the cost but if they don't have it they don't.

Aruba is a pretty interesting island with its moon-like Northeast area. You might want to consider just renting a car. You could drive to parts of the island that you find interesting and later stop at Eagle (or any other beach) to some swimming and relaxing. Then later you simply drive back into town, drop your car and head back to the ship. A one day rental should cost less than $60 which is not a bad deal. The problem with most of the cruise ship excursions to that dessert part of the island is that it will be a half day tour which drops you back at the ship. This leaves you with less then half a day to trek out to a beach and return....which is often not the amount of time one would desire.

Hank

More pics of Aruba...This is Costa Magica taken from Carnival Pride: Freewinds to the rear.

enhance

Freewinds is the former Boheme, now a training ship for Church of Scientology. She crawls between Cartagena, Aruba, Curacao...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Aruba is a pretty interesting island with its moon-like Northeast area. You might want to consider just renting a car. You could drive to parts of the island that you find interesting and later stop at Eagle (or any other beach) to some swimming and relaxing. Then later you simply drive back into town, drop your car and head back to the ship. A one day rental should cost less than $60 which is not a bad deal. The problem with most of the cruise ship excursions to that dessert part of the island is that it will be a half day tour which drops you back at the ship. This leaves you with less then half a day to trek out to a beach and return....which is often not the amount of time one would desire.

Hank

Thanks Hank.

We like that the excursions often are half day so that we are back on the ship early. The problem with MSC is that they don't publish the times anywhere so it's not possible to know the times until the tickets are delivered.

I really don't need a full day on a beach so half day should be fine for me.

Our Divina cruise, February 10, will get us to Aruba. Some excursions are now postad on their website but nothing to Eagle Beach. Can we expect that to come later?

I don't know if Eagle Beach is the best beach there but it's defenitely the most famous beach there and according to many lists it's one of the best beaches in the world. I think that it's very odd if there will be no excursions to Eagle Beach.

Is it easy to get there from where MSC dock? Easy to get a cab or maybe even walking distance? (I have looked on google earth but I'm not sure where MSC dock.)

Is it worth going there or are other beaches better?

I will never understand why people need excursion to the beach? why taxi is not good enough?

I have no idea why you would want to sit on a bus for half a day while in Aruba. The beaches ares stunning. Eagle beach is in the "low rise" area and Palm Beach is in the "high rise" area. Palm Beach has more restaurants than Eagle Beach and is more touristy. Eagle Beach is my preference and we just catch the bus. Too far from the port to walk, unless you just want to do that. It's hot in Aruba. However, you don't realize it due to the constant trade winds blowing. You do have to use sunscreen and protect yourself or you will end up with a searing sunburn.

Aruba is a beautiful island with a healthy economy and very easy to use public transportation.

If you think that you will be more comfortable with a tour, then check out Trip Advisor and see what tours are the most popular and the highest rated. You will be fine going on a private, non-ship sponsored tour if you stay with the highest rated private tours.

Enjoy your time in Aruba and your cruise!

I will never understand why people need excursion to the beach? why taxi is not good enough?

I never said that I needed an excursion to the beach, I asked if I could expect them to have any excurtions to Eagle Beach.

A taxi is good enough if we only shall go to a beach but we should prefer to do something more.

I have no idea why you would want to sit on a bus for half a day while in Aruba. The beaches ares stunning. Eagle beach is in the "low rise" area and Palm Beach is in the "high rise" area. Palm Beach has more restaurants than Eagle Beach and is more touristy. Eagle Beach is my preference and we just catch the bus. Too far from the port to walk, unless you just want to do that. It's hot in Aruba. However, you don't realize it due to the constant trade winds blowing. You do have to use sunscreen and protect yourself or you will end up with a searing sunburn.

Aruba is a beautiful island with a healthy economy and very easy to use public transportation.

If you think that you will be more comfortable with a tour, then check out Trip Advisor and see what tours are the most popular and the highest rated. You will be fine going on a private, non-ship sponsored tour if you stay with the highest rated private tours.

Enjoy your time in Aruba and your cruise!

I can not understand why people want to be on a beach for a whole day on their vacation. For me that's waste of time!

It give me much more to sit in a bus for a couple of hours and see other things and then finish with a beach for maybe 1-2 hours.

We will probably use public transportation to Eagle Beach and stay there for awhile before going back to the ship. Thanks for reminding me about sunscreen, I will absolutely use that!

Whatever you do decide, SC, I hope you have a wonderful time in Aruba (and, of course, on the rest of the cruise - though it's still a bit of a ways off, so I won't say Bon Voyage just yet)! :)

Thanks Bea!

It's still far away! Today it's 174 days until we go to Arlanda the day before our flight to Miami. It was more than 500 days when we booked so it's getting closer!