Major Changes Coming for Divina 10-Night Itineraries in Winter 2019/2020

cruiseguyinorl

Though not quite ready to be announced, new things are coming for the Divina 10-night sailings starting with the December 17, 2019 sailing. Some may be pleasantly surprised, others already booked Dec '19 through Mar '20 may not be. Anyway, they should be made public soon and no, calling MSC won't help. Their res agents aren't even aware at this point.

Bret

Isn't that the time when Ocean Cay Marine reserve will be ready as a port stop? I know I saw it listed on several itineraries already when we booked Divina for Feb 21, 2019

Yep, it will be. Or at least should be. That's not the big news though. :confused:

Bret

Says it all, really, when someone outside of the company knows more than the MSC reps selling cruises (though maybe they're just sworn to secrecy? :confused:) Though, how can they still sell itineraries for that period and not let people know what they're booking??

It certainly wouldn't be big news to hear that Ocean Cay was delayed further - I think a lot of people are anticipating that one! In fact, it'll (now) be big news if it actually DOES open on time!

So, wouldn't the Mervaglia be included in the announcement if it had something to do with Ocean Cay? We are supposed the be the first cruise (I believe) to land on this new port. (The repositioning cruise from NYC).

That's the point, C123 - it's not about Ocean Cay. There's a whiff of "I know something you don't" about this thread - I really don't see the point of it, otherwise. It's only going to upset those who's bookings (it's being hinted at) may be affected.

Edited by Beamafar

That's the point, C123 - it's not about Ocean Cay. There's a whiff of "I know something you don't" about this thread - I really don't see the point of it, otherwise. It's only going to upset those who's bookings (it's being hinted at) may be affected.

Yeah! Come on, Bret! Spill the beans!!

One thing is for sure, if anyone from Europe is booked on those sailings they will not be allowed to change without a penalty! MSC have already changed Divina sailings in December from those in the hard copy brochure.

One thing is for sure, if anyone from Europe is booked on those sailings they will not be allowed to change without a penalty! MSC have already changed Divina sailings in December from those in the hard copy brochure.

That's a very good point, Dave. The only way to prevent losing a deposit is to cruise move, the T&Cs being limited to having to sail a similar itinerary, of a similar duration AND after the date of the original booking. This is extremely limiting, considering that MSC has so few ships in the region from which to make a choice.

Cruise companies are notorious for this carry-on! :mad:

Well, the 10 night options are gone from the US, UK and IT websites. The US and IT sites still show the 21 night cruises, but they only have the itinerary of the 11 night shown. Most likely an itinerary change for the 10 night cruises.

Well, the 10 night options are gone from the US, UK and IT websites. The US and IT sites still show the 21 night cruises, but they only have the itinerary of the 11 night shown. Most likely an itinerary change for the 10 night cruises.

If you look at the USA site for Dec 17, 2019, it does show only a 21 night. Click "See All Pricing & Details." What do you notice on the itinerary? I see the 10 night broken into a 3 night and a 7 night. It's that way for all of Divina's 10 night cruises. 3 + 7 + 11 nights that keep repeating. Since the itinerary is posted on their website now, I presume it's closer to official.

Oh and sorry, Deliver42, if you thought that notice to keep your eyes open for changes was useless.

Bret

I can see the 11 night has turned into a 3 night Ocean Cay/Nassau(or Freeport)/Miami and a 7 night eastern which seem combinable. I don't see what happened to the alternating 10 night itineraries. I just hope with the Seaside and Meraviglia doing milk runs in the Caribbean at that same time they can come up with some better Divina itineraries - but that 11 night is definitely not interesting.