Excursion of all inclusive for a day? No to nachi though!

aimcat

We were in Cozumel last year and my husband and I did Nachi and just was not impressed. Slow service, beach was a mess, so just want to skip that. This time we will be here with a friend who has never cruised or been here. Would something like a Jeep excursion and snorkel be good or can you recommend any other all inclusive places?

Mr. Sanchos is a larger, more lively AI beach club - about $50 per adult and they also offer water toys and other options for extra fees. Multiple pools, etc. Check out the reviews on this board and trip advisor.

There are some resorts offering day passes - never been so I cannot offer an opinion.

For 30 somethings you might explore the Cozumel Bar Hop -- tour takes you around the island, stopping on the east side (great scenery) and at least one beach plus some fun bars. I'm a long way past 30 but it is on our list for our next stop on coz. :cool:

There are some resorts offering day passes - never been so I cannot offer an opinion.

For 30 somethings you might explore the Cozumel Bar Hop -- tour takes you around the island, stopping on the east side (great scenery) and at least one beach plus some fun bars. I'm a long way past 30 but it is on our list for our next stop on coz. :cool:

Lol! Enjoy your day, John!

We are way past 30 too but just repeated Bar Hop and had a good time. Actually a very subdued crowd with us this time - you just never know!

^That sounds like fun but I feel like we will be drinking enough on the ship as it is and between dealing with 2 men and myself I think I need a day to relax! Lol.

I was also going to recommend Bar Hop for a totally different view of Cozumel.

Or maybe check out a private driver to tour round the island for 3 hours then get dropped off at a southern beach club and taxi back?

http://www.toursplaza.com/recommended-stops

Otherwise, for AI resorts offering day pass, check out Island Marketing or Cozumel Watersports. We have done Allegro, Occidental and Park Royal but there are many different ones offered for different types, some adult only. You can also get passes to beach clubs like Sky Reef (if you like snorkeling) or Papitos, Punta Sur (but be careful with transport).

Edited by c-leg5

We did Nachi last year and while it was OK I dunno, I just expected more. The AI for the day resorts are they a notch above this?

There are several of them of different types, locations and standards. Some are resort hotels, some are AI Beach clubs. Difficult to generalize. I suggest you research the sites I posted to see if any seem suitable.

If you check to see what facilities you are needing then you will be able to ask specific questions to see if anyone has actually been there and can give their opinions.

I haven’t been to Nachi so cannot comment on whether your experience was normal. There are many cheerleaders for Nachi and a few for whom it doesn’t seem to make the mark. You say it didn’t reach your expectations but don’t really say why. You say service was slow - maybe you had a bad server, or it was busy? You say the beach was a mess - litter, seaweed, seagrass? If a storm had come through it is likely that all the main popular beach clubs were affected that day as they are all along the same stretch of beach.

There are other less popular areas but some have ironshore frontage, or there are better beaches on east side but no ocean swimming due to currents and riptides. You need to be more specific about the type of place you are looking for - quiet/lively, activities, water sports, snorkeling, meal/buffet? Does it have to be AI or would you consider PAYG? Ocean swimming/pool?

^ Our nachi experience was just sub-par due to slow service - for instance our waiter would come around maybe every 45 minutes, we were sort of hoping for him to come sooner for drinks. The drinks just seemed to be watered down so we switched to beer. The beach was just full of litter in front of us, and lots of debris so yes there could have been a storm. We also were put near some very loud guests who were just there to get trashed, using foul language and I had all I could stand of watching him and his wife feel up on each other - LOL!

I mean we would really like a place to relax by the beach and pool, a good bathroom if needed and drinks and some food.

I mean we would really like a place to relax by the beach and pool, a good bathroom if needed and drinks and some food.

It's not AI but otherwise that sounds a lot like Paradise Beach. $3 to get in and pay as you go food and drinks. Beautiful pool and relaxing beach area.

Question at Nachi or elsewhere, since our ship arrives at 12 and leaves at 10, would those still be doable?

Would what be doable? Not understanding what you are asking.

Most beach clubs close at 5 if that is your problem but that depends on time of year, and where you are leaving from - which will most likely dictate ship time. Whether AI is worthwhile is your call.

Ordinary bars, restaurants and shops will be open until ship leaves but of cotsevit will be dark.

I meant does a place like Nachi let you arrive around 1pm? Would they still serve us lunch?

I thought you didn’t want Nachi? However if you do, checkout their website and sunset break for your sailing

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/.

Although I think you would be leaving right around sunset. With those hours I would prefer to take late breakfast/lunch on the ship, beach for a few hours then catch Happy hour and a more relaxing sunset dinner at somewhere like Money Bar, Rolandii’s or one of the bars north of Puerta Maya towards town.

Edited by c-leg5

It's not AI, but you might check out the Money Bar with great snorkeling from the shore, lockers and good facilities, and good food, drinks, service. The lack of a sandy beach keeps the crowds down and you'll find very few kids there. No pool, but the ocean water is clear - you enter via steps - and snorkeling is good. Lots of chairs, tables, shade, etc. Taxi each way will be about $11.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of Money Bar linked in her signature -- check it out as well as trip advisor reviews.

I didn’t want Nachi but wasn’t having much luck finding others with reviews.

With so many options on Cozumel that seems a shame.

Have you tried the search engine on here or TripAdvisor to check out places you are interested in? Or maybe try asking specific questions about alternatives that you might consider?

I am hung up on trying the AI resorts because I dont see much about them review wise for the day passes. They are all a bit more for the day 20-30 more than Nachi, so was just weighing out value. If we dont make it to them by 1 and have 4 hours to stay and cant enjoy the food I wasnt sure about the price. Maybe we just had bad luck with Nachi last time or maybe I expected too much!

We have done the AI package at Playa Uvas and really enjoyed it. They have a total AI package, but the food included with that is buffet and limited choices. We preferred to do the AI drinks package and order the food we wanted from the restaurant. It's excellent and not expensive.

I am hung up on trying the AI resorts because I dont see much about them review wise for the day passes. They are all a bit more for the day 20-30 more than Nachi, so was just weighing out value. If we dont make it to them by 1 and have 4 hours to stay and cant enjoy the food I wasnt sure about the price. Maybe we just had bad luck with Nachi last time or maybe I expected too much!

We have only been to Nachi once. The beach was litter free. Our loungers were under a palapa (natural umbrella). The reason we loved Nachi is because we wanted to sit and read, nap (DH) or just walk the beach. They advertise they won't allow a spring break atmoshphere. There were definitely young couples there and families too. Peaceful. Uncrowded. Paradise. Huge beautiful pool that you could choose to sit by and there were only a couple of people in it. The swim up bar was full...maybe 8 ppl. We are in our early 60's and this was perfect for our needs. Buildings on the property were clean and in a beautiful setting. This place does not look like much from the road but once you get through the vegetation and see the property it is beautiful. The property beside it which you cannot see or hear but can walk to along the beach to is for the people that want to party. Also... our food was excellent. We started with homemade guac and chips. Later DH had a seafood soup with a big crab leg in it and I had a fruit plate. I can't remember what we had for lunch but we loved it. We did not have room for the fourth course...dessert. I think we each had four drinks. We felt this was a real bargain at $55 per person. I just booked a Western Caribbean cruise for 2019 just so we could go here for the day. Taxi rates are posted and it was a 15 minute ride. We were there for about 5 hours. A waiter is assigned to you when you pay. You are asked where you would like to sit based on where you see empty loungers. Get there as early as you can as the beach front loungers obviously go quickly but there is no bad location. We had an excellent view of ocean and we chose to sit towards the back where it was more private and quiet. They limit the beach to 130 ppl but they do hold private events with over 200 ppl and there appeared to be that many loungers! Just your basic plastic lounger though. The massage tents looked very professional and inviting. Next time I would like to do the snorkeling ($38). We felt it was a steal for $55.