Pearl Haven Bar and Restaurant pics Please

Stentplacer

Just returned from Western Caribbean on Getaway. Stayed in Haven.

Fabulous. Bar and restaurant in the Haven was great. We are thinking about booking on the Pearl out of Tampa. I can’t find any pics of Haven on Pearl except the pool area...outdoor. Looking for inside Haven pics.

And if anyone who has traveled on Pearl in Haven can you make any comments...good or bad.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the breakaway in the haven then went on the Gem in haven. No comparison. I did not enjoy the haven on Gem. Guess I was spoiler on the breakaway. The haven restaurant is fantastic on breakaway. Pool area is much smaller on Gem, so is sun deck. There is no lounge or bar either on Gem. But who knows you may like it on the Pearl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just returned from Western Caribbean on Getaway. Stayed in Haven. Fabulous. Bar and restaurant in the Haven was great. We are thinking about booking on the Pearl out of Tampa. I can’t find any pics of Haven on Pearl except the pool area...outdoor. Looking for inside Haven pics. And if anyone who has traveled on Pearl in Haven can you make any comments...good or bad. Thanks

I would avoid the extra costs of a Havens room on the small ships. Yes, you do get access to the [very tiny] courtyard and sundeck. You are better off booking one of the regular S suites which has access to the Suites restaurant for breakfast and lunch, butler, and concierge (and a big room).

• Like 2

I would avoid the extra costs of a Havens room on the small ships. Yes, you do get access to the [very tiny] courtyard and sundeck. You are better off booking one of the regular S suites which has access to the Suites restaurant for breakfast and lunch, butler, and concierge (and a big room).

Wow! Glad I posted. Thanks for the feedback. The Haven experience on Getaway was awesome. The bartenders in the Haven bar and staff in Haven restaurant made our trip. We will not be on the smaller ship and pay Haven price. Thanks so much

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 6 months later...
The Pearl doesn’t have a Haven Restaurant or Bar. You will have Haven/Suite dining in Moderno or Cagney’s for breakfast and lunch.

I just googled the Pearl Haven Moderno breakfast. It is a small buffet. Really not what I would pay premium pricing for!!

I just googled the Pearl Haven Moderno breakfast. It is a small buffet. Really not what I would pay premium pricing for!!

The suites breakfast menu on the small ships are the same/similar to the big ships (filet steak and eggs, Tahitian French Toast, etc.). The cold bar on the small ships are similar to the big ship. You're paying a premium for the suite,,,, not the breakfast.

• Like 2

The suites breakfast menu on the small ships are the same/similar to the big ships (filet steak and eggs, Tahitian French Toast, etc.). The cold bar on the small ships are similar to the big ship. You're paying a premium for the suite,,,, not the breakfast.

I am paying a premium for the Haven experience. I was not expecting a small buffet. On Celebrity you receive served breakfast, lunch and dinner in a private dining room and Michael's Club lounge. So disappointing given the fare.

The Haven on the Pearl is small, but the number of guests with access to it is very low. It is far more exclusive than the Havens on the larger ships. On the two Jewel-class cruises when I had Haven access, all those who used it really enjoyed it. The Haven butler will set up breakfast or lunch for you poolside. The pool is a swim-against-the-current endless lap exercise pool and is great for that purpose.

I am paying a premium for the Haven experience. I was not expecting a small buffet. On Celebrity you receive served breakfast, lunch and dinner in a private dining room and Michael's Club lounge. So disappointing given the fare.

The jewel class ships also give you a sit down meal for brekkie and lunch. There’s no restaurant for dedicated for dinner. Brekkie has a small buffet, along with a menu you can order off.

However celebrity only have this. No separate area for suite guests to lounge and sit outside. Also I found celebrity pricing heaps expensive compared to what NCL offer even on the smaller ships. Just my opinion.

We loved the Gem Haven, the sundeck was quiet and perfect with an attendant offering drinks, fruit, Evian face spray. We were very spoilt.

• 4 years later...

We enjoy breakfast in Moderno's and sometimes lunch in Cagneys. Have had 2bed room suites many time on the smaller ships. Only Haven was on the Gem and it was peaceful, however folks on the following week hated it because of school vacation. We are going on the Pearl in the Haven during NH school break, but want our boys to at least try this once. Hope ite not to crazy 😀. Something else to consider because the public area is small.

So Breakfast & Lunch is in Cagney or Moderno's (do you get to choice which or does it alternate by day?  And where do they serve Dinner- do you get your choice of the specialty restaurants or just the MDR- and are served the Haven Menu?  Yes you book for the cabin - but the restaurant & bar are part of the amenities. 

On 2/1/2023 at 6:40 PM, Justmekaren918 said:

TY for all this info, but I'm not sure if covered the offerings for breakfast & lunch are just the restaurant menu? No side menu for Haven? 

Bulters can bring food from MDR or just specialty? If arranged before hand!

Lunch is definitely better / different than the MDR lunch menu.  If you search for haven breakfast menus, you will see the many choices.  I can't remember if they have anything that isn't on the MDR breakfast menu.  

I have not actually done it, but I understand that butlers can bring food from the MDR if arranged early enough.

16 minutes ago, nmuller328 said:

So Breakfast & Lunch is in Cagney or Moderno's (do you get to choice which or does it alternate by day?  And where do they serve Dinner- do you get your choice of the specialty restaurants or just the MDR- and are served the Haven Menu?  Yes you book for the cabin - but the restaurant & bar are part of the amenities. 

If it is the same as my Haven experience on the Jewel last June, embarkation lunch was in Cagney's and all other breakfasts & lunches were served in Moderno.

Breakfast includes the buffet and there is also a menu to order from.  Lunch is a different menu from the MDR menu.  Breakfast & lunch menus do not change but have a lot of choices.

Dinner you are on your own.  You can eat at O'Sheehan's, main dining room, buffet, the chinese place, or a specialty restaurant (where you would pay just like everyone else) OR you can get room service

Edited by DorothyB
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

Dinner you are on your own.  You can eat at O'Sheehan's, main dining room, buffet, the chinese place, or a specialty restaurant (where you would pay just like everyone else) OR you can get room service

Wow- well that just isn't right- I haven't noticed that the prices for the Haven on the Jewel ships are that much less the larger ships- but no bar or dinning room & a smaller lounge area- not sure I would select the Haven on the Jewel class.  Thanks for the info. 

10 hours ago, nmuller328 said:

On 2/1/2023 at 7:40 PM, Justmekaren918 said:

TY for all this info, but I'm not sure if covered the offerings for breakfast & lunch are just the restaurant menu? No side menu for Haven? 

Bulters can bring food from MDR or just specialty? If arranged before hand!

So,,, you are not eating off the Cagney's or Moderno menu. They are just providing the tables for you. (i.e., you're not ordering steaks and cream spinach for breakfast). The "venues" provide a dining location. You get a special suites menu (similar to a Haven restaurant menu). 

A lot of time, breakfast is in Moderno with overflow in Cagney's because they use the salad bar for the suites breakfast buffet. Lunch is sometimes the opposite. 

On small ships, Dinner is on your own. There is no suites dining for dinner. You can, on your own, go to the MDR, Buffet, O'Sheehan's/The Local. 

There is no suites bar. 

Edited by BirdTravels

9 hours ago, nmuller328 said:

Wow- well that just isn't right- I haven't noticed that the prices for the Haven on the Jewel ships are that much less the larger ships- but no bar or dinning room & a smaller lounge area- not sure I would select the Haven on the Jewel class.  Thanks for the info. 

I think that I said that on Post #5 this thread five years ago. 

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2018 at 11:13 PM, Momma Rene said:

You don't just get the buffet; you get a full served breakfast. 

Edited by KateQ22003

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

KateQ, you're responding to a comment from 5 years ago... 

Ha ha well I am always a day late and a dollar short 🙂 Why in the world was this in my feed? How does the old stuff even get resurrected? 

• 11 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 11:02 AM, BirdTravels said:

KateQ, you're responding to a comment from 5 years ago... 

Has anything changed in 5 years? Solo, I got a heck of a deal on a SN penthouse for 3 nights. Not quite sure what I'm paying $220 a night for that is different than a balcony 😁🤣 I mean, different than what I NEED, except the Nespresso ❤️ OK, the convenience ❤️ 

I was on Pearl over Christmas and stayed in the Garden Villa.  Breakfast/Lunch was in Moderno with the exception of the first day which was in Cagneys.  Haven Courtyard was small but nice, with attentive staff, and was more than adequate given the size of the ship.  Overall, the Haven service on Pearl was far superior to what we experienced on Prima in March of last year.  The one big difference was without a Haven Bar, there were no venues on board that had ultra premium liquors (Johnny Blue, higher end scotch, etc.).