Anything Québec (Quebec) City....

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:04 PM.
Copiague, NY
1,812 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by brunello22
There is only one HOHO company and depending where your ship is docked, the bus may be picked up at stops 3,4, or 5. Here is the link:

https://toursvieuxquebec.com/en/forfait/Double-Decker
Thank you
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Click on box (above) to see our cruise history.
Spending Our Children's Inheritance One Cruise at a Time!
Future Cruises
Pa.
2,787 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
We're on the NCL Jade in Oct. Some of our port times were shortened including Quebec City. We were supposed to have 2 days there and now our arrival time is at 4p.m. and overnight then leaving at 5p.m. that day. Any suggestions to do that first night in port? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions! This will be our first time there.
California Beach Town
291 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by karinad
We're on the NCL Jade in Oct. Some of our port times were shortened including Quebec City. We were supposed to have 2 days there and now our arrival time is at 4p.m. and overnight then leaving at 5p.m. that day. Any suggestions to do that first night in port? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions! This will be our first time there.
We are on the Jade in October also. Where does it say arrival time is 4 p.m.? Were you notified? Who notified you? Info please. Our vacation summary lists arrival at 8am and overnight with departure at 5 pm instead of the original 6pm. Please advise. We have made plans for the first day and need to know if we need to change them. Thanks
493 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by karinad
See post #31 (previous page) for suggestions of things to do at night.
Pa.
2,787 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by hoopslover
We are on the Jade in October also. Where does it say arrival time is 4 p.m.? Were you notified? Who notified you? Info please. Our vacation summary lists arrival at 8am and overnight with departure at 5 pm instead of the original 6pm. Please advise. We have made plans for the first day and need to know if we need to change them. Thanks
We were not notified! We found out through the roll call here for the cruise. I contacted my travel agent and she said she talked to NCL and they told her the only change that was made was in Quebec and the ship was leaving at midnight instead of the morning. Not true, according to what I read on the roll call. There were a few ports that times were changed. In Halifax it has us leaving at 3pm. Quebec arriving on the 20th at 4 departing the 21st at 5pm. These changes are only for the Jade departing Oct 16th. I emailed my agent again a few days ago and haven't heard back. Many people have not been notified. If you're on any other sailing other then the 16th, your times might still be the same.
Battle Creek, MI USA
12 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by hoopslover
Also on this cruise. TA did not notify me, but heard from others. Check on My Vacation summary on NCL. It lists revised times.
Parkland,FL Dayton OH
6,784 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
any rec. on best hotel to stay in? and ease of getting to the RCI port..thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Barry and Anneliese

Harmony of Seas 12/17
Oasis of the Seas 7/16
Carnival Victory-10/15
Oasis of the Seas-3/13
Explorer of the Seas-12/09
Explorer of the Seas-12/08
Brilliance of the Seas-12/07
Jewel of the Seas-4/07
Radiance of the Seas-8/06
Jewel of the Seas-4/05
Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan- 5/98-3/11
Spirit of New Jersey 8/97- chartered for our wedding

PLUS
california
98 Posts
Joined May 2014
We are going in Sept on Summit. Has anyone done the carriage ride that takes you through the old part of the city? I have mobility issues and my sister just loves horses.
Miami - Ft. Lauderdale
2,169 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by sisocialworker
any rec. on best hotel to stay in? and ease of getting to the RCI port..thanks
We stayed at Le Champlain Hotel on Rue Saint-Anne. We booked the loft on the top floor through AirBnb, which I believe the loft is owned by either the owner of the hotel or the manager of the hotel. Excellent location, walking distance to everything, and the port area is approximately 10 minutes away.
Central Islip , NY
618 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
We plan to fly into Quebec on Oct. 6th and rent a car for 2 days. A question for those who are familiar with driving in Quebec. How difficult is it for non french speakers to drive there? Are the road signs difficult to understand? Do our phone directions work there? Thank you in advance for any info.
Rich
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Upcoming Cruises
Millennium-8/24/18-Alaska
QM 2-11/25/18-Caribbean
Eclipse-1/20/19-Antartica
Edge-4/28/19-Transatlantic
Viking Hlin-7/14/19-Rhine River
Symphony OTS-12/7/19-Caribbean
Symphony OTS-12/14/19-Caribbean
Silhouette-2/2/20-Caribbean
YVR & PDX
4,698 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by rsail203
We plan to fly into Quebec on Oct. 6th and rent a car for 2 days. A question for those who are familiar with driving in Quebec. How difficult is it for non french speakers to drive there? Are the road signs difficult to understand? Do our phone directions work there? Thank you in advance for any info.
Rich
Street names, town names are generally French of course - but the style of signs are the same as highways across Canada, which are very similar to the US. A car rented locally will have km/h on the main speedo dial, so the fact limits are in km/h means just match the numbers, no need to convert on the fly. A phone with a signal will still get map data - you may be paying more for it, that's down to your cell package!

We found our many & varied road trips to & through Quebec to be mostly painless in terms of roadsigns - the only problem was that in older parts of Montreal & Quebec City it seemed like every second street was Saint Something, and our GPS massacred the pronunciations since we left it in English. If your directions are given as 'take 3rd on left' you'll be fine, but if it's 'turn left on St Fill-In-As-Applicable' you might miss a turn here and there on urban streets unless you drive slowly enough to read the small street signs. The missus in the passenger seat started looking at the actual GPS screen and telling me 'X streets further' and that took care of it for us, so I could keep my eyes firmly on the road (Quebecois drivers in general are a bit speedy and at least in Montreal it seems amber lights mean 'hit the gas!')
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess: Emerald, Golden x3, Island, Star x2
NCL: Gem, Pearl
HAL: Veendam
Edumacational kiddie cruises: SS Uganda
Central Islip , NY
618 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Martincath, thank you for the info.
Rich
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Upcoming Cruises
Millennium-8/24/18-Alaska
QM 2-11/25/18-Caribbean
Eclipse-1/20/19-Antartica
Edge-4/28/19-Transatlantic
Viking Hlin-7/14/19-Rhine River
Symphony OTS-12/7/19-Caribbean
Symphony OTS-12/14/19-Caribbean
Silhouette-2/2/20-Caribbean
Arizona
970 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Happy Friday, everyone! I just realized that my parents’ 52nd anniversary will be the Sunday night we’re in Quebec City. We are staying at the downtown Marriott.

Could someone recommend a nice but not overly fancy restaurant to take them to? Either lunch or dinner is fine. My father is strictly a meat and potatoes man, so more country cooking than city cooking. My mother and I are by no means foodies, but are more adventurous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Allure of the Seas 12/2019 Eastern Caribbean
Brilliance of the Seas 11/2019 Transatlantic
Celebrity Summit 12/2018 Southern Caribbean
Adventure of the Seas 9/2018 Canada/New England
Ruby Princess 5/2018 Alaska
2017: Brilliance of the Seas Western Caribbean (solo), Vision of the Seas British Isles
2016: Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean (solo), Explorer of the Seas Pacific Coastal (solo), Explorer of the Seas Alaska
2015: Brilliance of the Seas Canada/New England, Jewel of the Seas Pacific Coastal
2014: Vision of the Seas Western Caribbean, Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean
2012: Jewel of the Seas Canada/New England
YVR & PDX
4,698 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by JoyMouse
Happy Friday, everyone! I just realized that my parents’ 52nd anniversary will be the Sunday night we’re in Quebec City. We are staying at the downtown Marriott.

Could someone recommend a nice but not overly fancy restaurant to take them to? Either lunch or dinner is fine. My father is strictly a meat and potatoes man, so more country cooking than city cooking. My mother and I are by no means foodies, but are more adventurous.
I think that Aux Anciens Canadiens is a safe bet for you. There are quite literal meat & potato dishes (dad could try a Pâté Chinois - basically a beef shepherd's pie - or if he doesn't mind interesting meats a Tourtière which has venison in this resto IIRC). You can try bison/boar/caribou/duck/pheasant as well as the usual cow/chicken/pig and some 'fancier' French-type saucy dishes; it's traditional Quebecois 'country food' which means grounded in French techniques but with local produce and less fussiness, to summarize very succinctly, and the building it's in is super-old and right in the historic part of the city; well-known and easily-found from the Marriott downtown (<10mins walk).

My dad's much the same, but I've been pretty successful at getting him to try craploads of stuff in Canada that he'd never order himself back home by hitting restos with different language menus, ordering for him, and just telling him the English explanation of the key stuff in the meal - now he loves Izakayas (Japanese 'tapas pubs') but he'd never have gone in willingly if I hadn't sold him on pitchers of lager, pork chops, chicken wings, sausages & beans;-)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess: Emerald, Golden x3, Island, Star x2
NCL: Gem, Pearl
HAL: Veendam
Edumacational kiddie cruises: SS Uganda