A place in each port for home base

mkcurran

I'd like to find a place in Cabo, Puerto Vallairta, and Mazatlan where those less active in our group can sit and enjoy drinks. While those of us who want to be more active and get some sand between our toes will be able to roam a bit.

I think Sea Monkey in PV is a good contender, but I don't know about the other two ports. And please nothing with a lot of steps. A least one in our group will be rolling along.

Thanks!

Cabo is a tender port. Can the person who is "rolling along" get into a tender?

I have a friend who cruises but she doesn't take a wheel chair onto a tender.

My person uses a wheeled walker most of the time. Can do a cane for short distances. So the tender should be doable.

In Cabo you could take a land taxi to Medano Beach. Could also take a Panga, but you have to jump out onto the sand for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Know of any good bars/restaurants where we can park our cabooses on Medano Beach? Any of them that keep the vendors away?

Thanks!

Know of any good bars/restaurants where we can park our cabooses on Medano Beach? Any of them that keep the vendors away?

Thanks!

I don’t as we eat away from the beach. Hopefully someone will let you know.

In cabo, our group of 15-20 (depending on the year), ages 10-80, pulls up at Carlito's Cantina in the early afternoon after our morning activities. It's just far enough from the tender's for a nice stroll and window shopping, but not all the way around the marina.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g152515-d6674749-Reviews-Karlitos_Cantina-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

https://www.google.com/maps/place/KARLITOS+CANTINA/@22.8804968,-109.9098908,17.58z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x62520bfef0153f17!8m2!3d22.8805943!4d-109.9114611

Some of us spend the morning at the quiet public Cannery Beach to the left of the tender port. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cannery+Beach+(Playa+Empacadora)/@22.881018,-109.906826,17.58z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x62520bfef0153f17!2sKARLITOS+CANTINA!8m2!3d22.8805943!4d-109.9114611!3m4!1s0x86af4ae1a86967e1:0xa78047e2018dba9e!8m2!3d22.880042!4d-109.9053577

Others make their way by water taxi to Medano Beach.

Not sure why you find the vendors a problem?? Just say no thankyou(no grah see ahs) and they will leave you alone.

Everyone needs to earn a living.

I know they need to make a living. I deal with them in Algodones regularly. But it's hard to say, "no, gracias" when I'm stuffing my face with nachos. My favorite cantina has actually started putting signs on the table to let the vendors know whether or not they are welcome. It works really well for everybody.

And I just realized I need to find out what to expect if I bring a few bottles of tequila back with me. Does anybody have insight into that? Does it follow the ground rules of 1 bottle duty free per month or are we allowed more coming back by ship? And if not, what's the duty anyway?

Thanks!

We really like The Sand Bar on Medano Beach. Good food, drinks and it's right on the sand with great views! :D And as an added bonus there is a great place for reasonably priced massages on the second level. ;)