First time cruising - leaving in a week!

Danny61231

So my wife any I are going on the Seaside next weekend for our first ever cruise! We are really excited but since this is all new to us, we are looking for little hints or suggestions on what to expect or things we should do to make sure we have the most enjoyable trip possible. We will be staying in one of the larger interior Fantastica rooms and after reading all of the reviews we are going into the trip with an open mind and plan on having an AWESOME vacation! Here are some random questions we have come up with:

- What will the weather be like on the ship at night? My wife is trying to pack and is wondering how cold it gets and what kind of clothing she should have with

- When in port are we able to purchase any pop / water and bring it back on the ship to our rooms? I have read a few reports mentioning people doing this

- Is the tap water in the rooms drinkable?

- Is it ok to bring travel mugs with to fill at the buffet? If so, I have already heard that you should use another glass to fill them

- Lastly, what information or tips do you wish you had received prior to your first cruise that could help us out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

So my wife any I are going on the Seaside next weekend for our first ever cruise! We are really excited but since this is all new to us, we are looking for little hints or suggestions on what to expect or things we should do to make sure we have the most enjoyable trip possible. We will be staying in one of the larger interior Fantastica rooms and after reading all of the reviews we are going into the trip with an open mind and plan on having an AWESOME vacation! Here are some random questions we have come up with:

- What will the weather be like on the ship at night? My wife is trying to pack and is wondering how cold it gets and what kind of clothing she should have with

- When in port are we able to purchase any pop / water and bring it back on the ship to our rooms? I have read a few reports mentioning people doing this

- Is the tap water in the rooms drinkable?

- Is it ok to bring travel mugs with to fill at the buffet? If so, I have already heard that you should use another glass to fill them

- Lastly, what information or tips do you wish you had received prior to your first cruise that could help us out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi there! The first cruise is always so exciting and my first cruise is still my best in my mind. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

You don't mention where you are cruising to but I will assume it's the Caribbean. The air conditioning on the ship was quite comfortable actually compared to other cruises I have done where it is way too cool. My suggestion would be to bring a wrap or shawl should she be wearing sleeveless and need a little something to cover shoulders.

Yes the tap water is drinkable.

Absolutely ok and recommended to bring a reuseable bottle. Great to fill up in the morning before you get off the ship in ports. But yes, use a glass to fill and not put the bottle directly under the tap.

My advice would be not to try and do every activity. Relax and enjoy. Bring less clothing that you think. There is not much storage in the cabins.

Thanks for the advice. We will be on the Seaside sailing the western Caribbean beginnng next Saturday.

Hope you are leaving Minn. a day or so early and you will have a memorable time because your first cruise is one you will always remember.Enjoy it to the fullest.

Getting out of here in February is just the best!!!

You are really going to enjoy your cruise.

It can be a bit breezy in the evening, so usually I have a windbeaker and my wife has a shawl. If you are bringing a sport coat you can always just wear that if you are cool at night.

One of my favorite things on Seaside was the silent disco.

Try the dining room for breakfast and lunch, not just the buffet. Our 1st couple cruises we just ate at the buffet for breakfast,

You probably read this already, but one of the chanels on the tv is an external camera, so if you are in an interior room you can turn that on. kinda like having a window.

I always bring earplugs just in case. There always seems to be people in the hallway up latter then you..

If you get one of those chocolate covered gelato bars, just get one to share. It always seemed to melt into a chocolate mess before we could finish it.

Take negative comments on Cruise critic with a giant grain of salt.

Start a saving for your next cruise now, 'cause there will be a next one.