MSC Seaside is (gasp!) European

DCGuy64

If americans don't take to the ship and don't want to sail on it that's fine by me :D

Leaves more room for us Europeans to book her ;)

From some of the offers I've seen here in Ireland for her, she doesn't seem to be selling all that well in the US.

But, is it fine with MSC & their 80% American goal for the Seaside?

you seriously think they care if the ships sailing full regardless of the nationalities onboard

I'm fairly new to cruising (3 years) but in that time ive sailed

NCL Breakaway

Royal 4 times (Grandeur of the seas, Anthem, Ovation two times)

MSC Twice (Fantasia, Orchestra)

My next cruise is on MSC Meraviglia in april

I've enjoyed every one

One of the really nice things about msc is the staff leave you alone there not trying to get you to buy stuff every 5 mins. Most things are included with msc whereas royal everything is additional

They are far better value for money

The ships are far more stunning with msc imo much more classy

One of the really nice things about msc is the staff leave you alone there not trying to get you to buy stuff every 5 mins. Most things are included with msc whereas royal everything is additional

It's steadily creeping into MSC cruises. On Magnifica last Sept/Oct our waiter was pushing for us to upgrade our drinks package, despite the fact that I had also purchased a wine package and had no need for the premium one. Freshly squeezed orange juice was pushed every morning (I used to have great difficulty actually getting a glass when I did have the premium package) and certainly the extra cost t-bone steak and/or lobster was highlighted to us a number of times. I had never felt such upselling before on an MSC ship. On Orchestra in December, one of the head waiters came around in the MDR every evening, pushing the sale of champagne for the upcoming Christmas night. I don't know why "No, thank you" on the first night didn't suffice.

It's steadily creeping into MSC cruises. On Magnifica last Sept/Oct our waiter was pushing for us to upgrade our drinks package, despite the fact that I had also purchased a wine package and had no need for the premium one. Freshly squeezed orange juice was pushed every morning (I used to have great difficulty actually getting a glass when I did have the premium package) and certainly the extra cost t-bone steak and/or lobster was highlighted to us a number of times. I had never felt such upselling before on an MSC ship. On Orchestra in December, one of the head waiters came around in the MDR every evening, pushing the sale of champagne for the upcoming Christmas night. I don't know why "No, thank you" on the first night didn't suffice.

I was on Seaside Feb 3-10 and really only had a couple of sales pitches.

Usually at breakfast someone would be walking around with the specialty restaurant menus. A simple "we have our dinner plans already" sent them on their way. One dinner they came around with the Limoncello and souvenir glass, but it never felt pushy at all.

The freshly squeezed orange juice cart made its rounds every morning, but I never felt like anyone was trying to upsell me on the orange juice I procured from on of the dispensers but rather just providing a tableside service for those interested.