nil breakaway ny to FL/Bahamas daily itinerary

nycdreamer223

Does anyone who has traveled recently on the Breakaway from NY-FL/Bahamas 7 nights have pictures of the daily itinerary? And also any reviews? I went last summer on the Breakaway to Bermuda and had a great time. I've never sailed out in cold weather- the first day at sea/last 2 days at sea was it even warm enough to use the pools outside? Thanks for any responses/tips!

Hi, we took this cruise last year same time 3/11 as the one we are going on this year and we were outside the 1st full sea day in the morning with towels around us on the sundeck and the last full sea day I want to say it was our hottest day LOL We cruise this time every year out of NY because of school breaks and always have a good time!

thanks JDRO for your response. If anyone has any suggestions on if they think the thermal spa pass for the week is worth it please let me know. I read that they only sell day passes on days we are in port- I was essentially going to use it for the days we are at sea and its too cold to be in the outside pools. Thanks!

thanks JDRO for your response. If anyone has any suggestions on if they think the thermal spa pass for the week is worth it please let me know. I read that they only sell day passes on days we are in port- I was essentially going to use it for the days we are at sea and its too cold to be in the outside pools. Thanks!

Hi, we have stayed at the Spa Mini-Suites which are amazing! But in actuality, the amount of time you stay in the spa is very little and if (fingers crossed) the weather is warm (not a Canadian LOL) we will be by the pools, they are relaxing and definitely something to try but if we were in there for 2 hours on sea days it was a lot, not saying that you can't stay in longer but I get antsy!!

I sailed Breakaway last year on the 2/26-3/5 sailing. Because it's wintertime in New York (as you likely know based on your username) it's always a crap-shoot. The day we left was sunny in the low 50s, making it nice to be outside for the sail away party at Spice H2O. The 1st sea day (Monday) had cooled off a bit into the 40s, sunny but very windy, so the hot tubs were quite popular. It wasn't bad in the sun though, you could sit out and read and be comfortable. By 4 or 5pm on that sea day it started warming up and it was in the low 60s by that night. The last at sea day was pretty much a polar opposite. The day started out warm and sunny but by about 2 or 3pm it was cold and probably the windiest it got all week. Most of the outside upper decks were closed by nightfall.

One thing to keep in mind when sailing Breakaway this time of year is that indoor chairs become valuable real estate on colder/bad weather days. Combine that with the fact they don't always use best judgement when choosing where to place some events on at sea days and it's often nearly impossible. to find a seat for something like Karaoke Superstar or Deal or No Deal when it's held in the atrium instead of the theater.

That all being said, I had a fantastic time escaping the cold of the northeast for the week and would certainly recommend that itinerary to anyone looking to do the same, especially when you catch a good deal!

BA switched from its 7 days Bahamas run to the longer Caribbean runs around December and about to switch back - I have the dailies uploaded as part of the Semi Live blog/review posts last Halloween here -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2558888

This should give you a good idea of what to expect - as a guide. Also, O'Sheehan's and MDR's breakfast & lunch menu, from last year ... expecting to see some changes, soon.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2594039

Title of this thread/post is NCL Gem Food - but, the info & menu is typical for most ships across the fleet. Very nice pictures - 14 sets of menus are used in rotation.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2509690

On BA's WiFi & iConcierge, look underneath our Signature for generalized tips. Happy reading & planning for a bon voyage.

As for weather, sailing in the big Atlantic - choppy seas are to be expected crossing the cold & warm weather fronts, it's mother nature. Midweek, it's going to be in the 60's and 70's by the Carolinas, shorts & sandals. Hot tubs are a nice 100 degree and pool temperature is around 80 degree (should be) - sometimes, a bit windy on the higher decks.