Coastal Kitchen

pacruzer02

More breakfast

Fresh squeezed OJ is included, but you have to ask. Laura got a BLT every morning. The lettuce was hit or miss since they really don't have it that early. No pics of the BLT, the second photo was eggs Benedict

062966edf7e6ece8503e5a8409e318a2.jpg47b48988db334ee0b009978e122fcf7a.jpg

Suite Lounge breakfast. Sets up around 30 minutes before CK opens. Home of the magical espresso machine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

94d2a2f226836881535ab9fae4370d31.jpg90297ab02e056772611d047b7276fd55.jpg5bb908b16ebb445a2cf500f98fb3f6b6.jpg

I may or may not have just squealed like a little kid at your picture of donuts as cruises are the only times I indulge my donut addiction. Since on Oasis, the lounge and the actual restaurant are somewhat combined, can you walk over to the lounge side and bring back a plate to eat with your ordered food?

And a perhaps weird question about the orange juice. On Princess when you have the suite breakfast, they give you a tall water glass, a normal size coffee mug, but a shot glass size if you request orange juice. Is that a regular size glass you received or is that just how it looks in the picture? We love orange juice at breakfast and it always felt silly having to ask for multiple rounds of these little glasses.

I ask for a small OJ. They can bring better. Donuts are a little heavy for me, I have an Apple Danish.

They have a cream filled one that Laura scoops out the filling and replaces with raspberry jelly.

Yes the two venues are continuous. You can walk back and forth or ask your waiter to get something. They make a lot of espresso drinks over there.

Oh, and the coffee mugs in CK are useless. To talk and to narrow on bottom. Grab one from WJ. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We are just off Harmony. We had JS. We went on the first day to CK and asked to book it for dinner. Out host told us that we can only book 3 dinners there, so others can enjoy dining there as well. Overall our dining experience there was not so great. The host was not friendly to us. One night we arrived at 5:25 for our 5:30 reservation. Some guests were already seated. Host made a face and said that we are too early. We said that we can just have a seat and enjoy the view for 5 minutes. There were a lot of free tables at the moment. The 2nd night same host was walking around the tables and were asking all tables how do they enjoy the dinner. He just passed by us turning his face away from us. We were never rude or demanding with him. The last, 3rd reservation neither of us wanted to get treated like garbage at CK and we just went to Windjammer and were treated greatly, the staff was amazing and friendly. I think this is the last time we are booking JS. Normal balcony or GS+above next time.

We are just off Harmony. We had JS. We went on the first day to CK and asked to book it for dinner. Out host told us that we can only book 3 dinners there, so others can enjoy dining there as well. Overall our dining experience there was not so great. The host was not friendly to us. One night we arrived at 5:25 for our 5:30 reservation. Some guests were already seated. Host made a face and said that we are too early. We said that we can just have a seat and enjoy the view for 5 minutes. There were a lot of free tables at the moment. The 2nd night same host was walking around the tables and were asking all tables how do they enjoy the dinner. He just passed by us turning his face away from us. We were never rude or demanding with him. The last, 3rd reservation neither of us wanted to get treated like garbage at CK and we just went to Windjammer and were treated greatly, the staff was amazing and friendly. I think this is the last time we are booking JS. Normal balcony or GS+above next time.

That's not good.- If CK is going to be offered to those in a JS on a space available basis they really need to update their website to say that IMHO

Truthfully, I now think 3 nights for dinner would be fine if they were the right three nights.

Sorry they made you feel less than special. There is also a manager of CK. To bad you didn't get a chance to let him/her know how you were treated. You could also lodge a complaint with GS's. You are the customer.

FWIW, we will sail on Harmony for president cruise. That's going to be interesting. 😱

I'm intrigued by the 'free drinks' comment. Is dinner served with wine?

We are in a GS on Anthem next year and that would be a nice surprise for the evenings we dine in Coastal Kitchen.

Anthem is different from Oasis class. It is not part of a Suite Lounge. It stands alone. (In fact , it has a Concierge Lounge, on a different deck).

No free alcohol there. Like other ships, you may carry in a glass from the Lounge.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The CL breakfast buffet on Allure last month had bowls of blueberries and strawberries (haven't seen that in ages!). DH was in Heaven:halo:. Did Oasis ever have that? We ate breakfast in CK daily and I would walk over and snitch a few berries.

Anthem is different from Oasis class. It is not part of a Suite Lounge. It stands alone. (In fact , it has a Concierge Lounge, on a different deck).

No free alcohol there. Like other ships, you may carry in a glass from the Lounge.

[emoji4]

Thank you for that and letting us know

Truthfully, I now think 3 nights for dinner would be fine if they were the right three nights.

Sorry they made you feel less than special. There is also a manager of CK. To bad you didn't get a chance to let him/her know how you were treated. You could also lodge a complaint with GS's. You are the customer.

FWIW, we will sail on Harmony for president cruise. That's going to be interesting. 😱

re

I've read too many of these posts where the experience of those in the JS has been not less than special, but I would say horrible.

We're coming from Celebrity and we were looking forward to our Diamond status via the match, because those on Celebrity told us it was great and we had to try it and my husband "thinks" he misses Royal.

It did not take long for me to read a few threads that made

up my mind for me that I was not going to book a JS and put up with the rude behavior that so many have suffered through.

And then when people complain, they are met with posts saying THEY must have been rude, THEY must have done something to upset the hostess. From my research (and I tend to research a lot) there's a lot of THEYs.

Anyway, I'm booked on Allure. In a balcony, not a JS, although that was my first choice. Will upgrade to a GS if one opens up before my cruise (it has to be non connecting). I'll have a great time and spend the $$$ saved to purchasing some specialties.

I guess we either had a lucky experience last month on Oasis or we are very easy to please. Maybe it was that it was our first trip to CK. We thoroughly enjoyed it the three nights we were there, plus three breakfasts. I think it is better than the MDR and the one major reason why --- everything comes out hot. I can'r remember the last time a waiter in the MDR warned me about a hot plate.

Less people, a little quieter, waiters didn't seem to be overwhelmed, a more relaxing atmosphere.

As I mentioned in another post, I have only been to one true 5-star restaurant -- and no cruise ship restaurant that I have been to compares. But that restaurant costs as much for dinner/wine for 2 as a 4-day cruise. I would not expect any ship restaurant to compare. I think if that is your expectation, you need to ratchet it down a notch or two.

We enjoy the MDR too, but felt CK was much better, although 150 CP is our favorite.

mac_tlc

Good luck on your Harmony! I hope you don't have JS booked! :D I got email with feedback request regarding the cruise and I wrote what I think about CK and the host. I am not sure if anyone would actually read it but who knows. I don't think even GS is gonna do anything about it. If a Star Class passenger would have complained about the service, they would definitely react to it.

I ask for a small OJ. They can bring better. Donuts are a little heavy for me, I have an Apple Danish.

They have a cream filled one that Laura scoops out the filling and replaces with raspberry jelly.

That's how I manage to wait until my cruises to indulge. All the filled donuts around here are jelly filled. Might as well be having toast. Thanks for the info!

Good luck on your Harmony! I hope you don't have JS booked! :D I got email with feedback request regarding the cruise and I wrote what I think about CK and the host. I am not sure if anyone would actually read it but who knows. I don't think even GS is gonna do anything about it. If a Star Class passenger would have complained about the service, they would definitely react to it.

But a Star class passenger paid 3 to 4 times as much for their cabin and amenities. Of course they get results. Just like a person that buys a Rolls Royce gets better quality and service than one that buys even the best Ford. Money makes the world go round. It's the way of things. And we can argue if that's right or wrong but the fact of the matter, it just is.

As for the door knocking, they have that because if you're in a JS you're not entitled to be there for free cocktails, hang out all day or eat other meals. Those that work there should not have to check each person's card. They want to just be able to assume if you're in there, you belong there. Not sure why it's such a big deal. We did it in a JS . No prob, just waited and were patient, polite and didn't take ourselves to seriously or take it personally. Everyone is so easily offended now days.

[emoji4]

Same on the Ovation, however don't forget, if you are Diamond or above they will get you a drink using the vouchers on your sea pass. During happy hour of course.

But a Star class passenger paid 3 to 4 times as much for their cabin and amenities. Of course they get results. Just like a person that buys a Rolls Royce gets better quality and service than one that buys even the best Ford. Money makes the world go round. It's the way of things. And we can argue if that's right or wrong but the fact of the matter, it just is.

As for the door knocking, they have that because if you're in a JS you're not entitled to be there for free cocktails, hang out all day or eat other meals. Those that work there should not have to check each person's card. They want to just be able to assume if you're in there, you belong there. Not sure why it's such a big deal. We did it in a JS . No prob, just waited and were patient, polite and didn't take ourselves to seriously or take it personally. Everyone is so easily offended now days.

Seems like they could code the JS keycard to open the CK door between 5:30 and 9:00 only.

My experience with Coastal on Ovation for JS:

- Cannot book online or via Royal IQ app

- Priority is given to Star class. Genie gives the list of Star guests the night before or the morning. JS guests may find availability only on the same day.

- Be flexible. Some hours may be busy and JS guests may not be accommodated.

- Overall, was able to eat in Coastal for dinner almost every night. The only times we did not go because we needed to try something different.

- Most time ate around 7:30-8pm

- 7 different menus, on 14 days cruise, menu repeats on day 8

- looking at the menus posted, a bit of difference on Ovation compared to Anthem/Oasis. Too bad forgot to take pictures!!!

Well said [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My experience with Coastal on Ovation for JS:

- Cannot book online or via Royal IQ app

- Priority is given to Star class. Genie gives the list of Star guests the night before or the morning. JS guests may find availability only on the same day.

- Be flexible. Some hours may be busy and JS guests may not be accommodated.

- Overall, was able to eat in Coastal for dinner almost every night. The only times we did not go because we needed to try something different.

- Most time ate around 7:30-8pm

- 7 different menus, on 14 days cruise, menu repeats on day 8

- looking at the menus posted, a bit of difference on Ovation compared to Anthem/Oasis. Too bad forgot to take pictures!!!

Interesting how that has changed. We are on Ovation for 12 days in April. We have a Family JS and I have already booked our Coastal Kitchen Reservations for all 12 nights.

Just curious for those that have been on Harmony CK, how large of parties do you think they can accommodate? From the photos I have seen, the seating looks like its mainly smaller groups.. We have 12 traveling together.

Seating is very modular. Shouldn't be a problem. On Oasis, the big groups tend to be near the entrance. There is one oval table that holds around 8. Star passengers tend to end up there.