Seaside YC Interior 2-10 sailing

jewliana

Just got off this morning and am missing it already! Have Laundry going so thought I would sit and write a few of my thoughts. There are tons of reviews so I wont re hash everything. Maybe just give some insight as to things that may or may not have been mentioned.

We have sailed the YC on the Divina 4 times so my first impressions were WOW! and WOW!

They really knocked the ball out of the court when they designed the YC on the Seaside. The expansive windows in the Top Sail Lounge. The outdoor seating available there. The open 2nd floor Dining room. The pool deck is beautiful. The configuration again is different with the hot tubs and seating at the very front of the ship. There is beautiful outdoor deck seating on both sides leading the pool in the middle. Between the hot tubs and the pool between all the seating is a very large bar and grill. There are so many more choices for food at the grill now! That being said, the choices were basically the same every day with a different carving item and maybe a pasta. But overall grilled chicken salmon fish lamb chops steaks. The free flowing Lobster is done :-( It never appeared this cruise. After hearing lots of complaints the chef made a pasta dish that was delicious but had just a few very small pieces of Lobster in it for lunch the last day. As for the shade issue, there is a lot more seating available than on the Davina and if you are willing to sit at a table you can get out of the sun. There is no shade around any of the loungers.

The interior cabin was lovely except storage space is at a minimum. We use packing cubes and they really came in handy! I dont know what we would have done without them. I know people said they were using their suitcases from under the bed but that would not be fun. Also, yes I will confirm. The toilet cannot be used if you are over 5 foot tall unless you sit sideways..LOL!

The butler service is different from the Divina also. You do not see your Butler often however, he IS behind the scenes working for you. He delivers a paper to you daily. He sets up your minibar and refreshes it daily. He will take out and fill with selections that you prefer. He is available to you we just dont need any additional service because the other butlers that take care of your needs on the Pool Deck and Top Sail Lounge and will do everything possible to give you the best service you have ever had. They all get to know you very quickly and will remember your favorite drinks. They are good at anticipating needs and fulfilling them before you even ask.My husband and I thought the food was much improved over La Muse on Divina! We had Phillip as our waiter and he was very good to us! I mention this in case Arthur is no available LOL!! I think everyone will ask for him now after reading all the reviews about him. But honestly, the level of service is there throughout ALL the staff.

There have been comments about the elevators. Yes, they are confusing and really dont work well. I say this because we swiped our band when no one was waiting to get to a show on time and when the elevator opened it was filled with people that had no idea why the elevator had gone rogue. Now imagine the additional embarrassment because once that door opens and you get on...well...it just sits there with a blank slate of elevator buttons. No you cant choose one...Many people will be trying. So, gulp, you have to swipe again on the inside and if you dont wait for the green light to go off it wont take you selection so swipe...wait...now hit your floor.....umm ok..but now everyone starts hitting their floor and each previous selection made disappears...so there are matches between people hitting and rehitting thier floors when their selection disappears. After going through this once we NEVER did it again!!

We loved the ship, the entertainment was fantastic. I will say that we found most of the ship very COLD and this is from a FLorida girl who never brings a sweater ANYWHERE. I dont even own many sweators or jackets. I wished for one a few times this cruise!

We tried the Hot Chocolate that is included with the Premium Drink Package. It is very different. Kind of like drinking warm barely diluted brownie box. :-)

I also have to tell you that I became obsessed with Stracitella (sp?) at the Gelato bar. It is HEAVENLY rich vanilla ice cream with chocolate shavings. Decadent chocolate chip Ice Cream!

Oh!! On Valentines day our room steward did a gorgeous presentation of towels swans...male and femaie nestled between a hear towel with long stemmed roses on the bed and a Valentine Card. I thought it was such a nice touch!

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer. I just wanted to sit and get my thoughts out before I forgot what people might be most interested in based on the reviews I read previous to our sailing.

Question regarding dinner. Did you have a usual or expected time for dinner as well as a set table and waiter? Or was it anytime? Also how long did your dinner usually take . Which time did you usually go to the nightly entertainment?

We will probably want to go to the 815 show so wondering how early to do dinner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

"Free flowing lobster is done." :eek::mad:

Where did you have breakfast? Dining room or buffet?

Did you go to any shows? Did you make reservations yourself or did the Concierge do it?

Were the hot tubs hot?

Ever have a problem getting a lounger around the pool?

Thanks for your replies.:hearteyes:

Question regarding dinner. Did you have a usual or expected time for dinner as well as a set table and waiter? Or was it anytime? Also how long did your dinner usually take . Which time did you usually go to the nightly entertainment?

We will probably want to go to the 815 show so wondering how early to do dinner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We found 6:30 to be just perfect for our needs. If we ordered 4 courses we would be out by 7:45 just in time to catch the 8:15p shows. You can go to the dining room anytime. They usually seat you with the same waitor you have from the beginning as he will quickly know all your prefernces and have things for you before you even ask!

"Free flowing lobster is done." :eek::mad:

Where did you have breakfast? Dining room or buffet?

Did you go to any shows? Did you make reservations yourself or did the Concierge do it?

Were the hot tubs hot?

Ever have a problem getting a lounger around the pool?

Thanks for your replies.:hearteyes:

We loved having breakfast every morning up on the pool deck. There is plenty of seating you will never have an issue and it is always SO peaceful there.

We went to all the evening productions. The first day when we got to our cabin I quickly and easily made reservations for the entire week on the MSC for me app right on the TV.

I am sorry, I dont know about the hot tubs. Never use them. We did see people enjoying them though.

This will sound stupid....but how do you book a YC interior room? I've looked both on TA sites and MSC and haven't found it available. I selected the "Suite" option but only YC1 was available on several random cruises for next year that I tried....

I’m seeing availability directly from the MSc site for an interior YC on the March 31st sailing I’ve be monitoring. Can you see that availability too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it, oddly enough, on my phone on the mobile site! Thanks! Maybe I should use Firefox instead of Chrome; Celebrity’s website doesn’t like Chrome either...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's funny i find chrome works better. Those YCI go fast.

I’m seeing availability directly from the MSc site for an interior YC on the March 31st sailing I’ve be monitoring. Can you see that availability too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of yesterday, there were two YINS available.

This will sound stupid....but how do you book a YC interior room? I've looked both on TA sites and MSC and haven't found it available. I selected the "Suite" option but only YC1 was available on several random cruises for next year that I tried....

Look for YIN.