Can I purchase another Specialty Dining Package?

ChrisBean

So we have a 3 Meal Specialty dining package as one of our offers and want to know if I could purchase another Specialty dining package (either a 3 or 4 meal package) so that we can do Specialty dining most nights of our 7 day cruise. I’m assuming I can, just want to know if anyone has done it.

Thank you!

So we have a 3 Meal Specialty dining package as one of our offers and want to know if I could purchase another Specialty dining package (either a 3 or 4 meal package) so that we can do Specialty dining most nights of our 7 day cruise. I’m assuming I can, just want to know if anyone has done it.

Thank you!

Yes you can. I just purchased a 4 day SDP and I got a 4 day package as a perk, which will give me 8 days.

Thank you!

I have done it many times...super easy to do online

Since Cagneys is a la carte for a lot of stuff, I don't know how that works with specialty dining packages.

It works just like any other specialty restaurant. You get to pick an appetizer, main course, side(s) and dessert. I believe if you want an additional main, you pay $10. I’ve read that some have been able to order more than one appetizer, side and/or dessert and not get charged, but others have been charged. I guess YMMV.

Ok. Perfect! Are 3 or 4 dinners in one week at Cagney’s too much?? Ha! Can’t wait! Thanks for your help.

It would be for me but to each their own. Food for thought though. On our last cruise it was 10 days, so everyone with the SDP cruise perk got 4 nights. We did cagney’s, la cucina, moderno, and teppanyaki. We did cagney’s first and it was just plain bad. There was a lady at the hostess stand complaining when we got there that she sent her food back and it never came out well. We ordered 2 medium steaks with truffle fries, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli. We received 1 med rare and 1 med well steak and nothing had an ounce of flavor to it. Based on the lady complaining we opted not to send it back and just write it off as a bad meal.

But, the lady at the front wasn’t really complaining about the bad food. She mentioned it, but she was upset because that’s where she booked all her SDP meals and wasn’t sure if she wanted to go back w how bad it was. Hopefully it worked out for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It works just like any other specialty restaurant. You get to pick an appetizer, main course, side(s) and dessert. I believe if you want an additional main, you pay $10. I’ve read that some have been able to order more than one appetizer, side and/or dessert and not get charged, but others have been charged. I guess YMMV.

If you read the terms and conditions, the only limit is the number of entrees. If you want an additional entree, you pay full price.

I would point out that the reports seem to be of people saying that they were told they would be charged for extra apps and desserts. I don't recall anyone stating that they were actually charged, and have started to ask the question to try to clarify.

There are quite a few reported occasions where people have been told they will be charged extra, ordered anyway and not been charged.

I purchased a 3 dinner SDP and was wondering if anyone knows if I cancel this and purchase a

3 or 4 dinner SDP on board I can use my on board non refundable credit to purchase the package.

Another question can you upgrade your package once on board?

Sorry for the off subject.

If you read the terms and conditions, the only limit is the number of entrees. If you want an additional entree, you pay full price.

While that is true, the crew likes to make up their own rules and puts limits on at times.

Let us know if all goes per T&C on your upcoming Escape trip.

While that is true, the crew likes to make up their own rules and puts limits on at times.

Let us know if all goes per T&C on your upcoming Escape trip.

I actually have the T&C printed out to take with me. Yes...I'm the crazy planner person.

The funny thing is that we rarely have any desire to order more than what they tell us we can order. That might change this cruise, though. My husband might make a meal out of sides at Cagney's (he's trying to avoid protein for kidney reasons). We'll be curious to see if we have any issues with that.

Thank you!

Yes, we did that on the Jade. We had a 3 meal package as perk and added a four meal package to it on our 12 night cruise.

Since Cagneys is a la carte for a lot of stuff, I don't know how that works with specialty dining packages.

You get an appetizer, an entree, a side and a desert. Works quite well. May even get a salad if you want but I can't remember if that is considered appetizer.

You get an appetizer, an entree, a side and a desert. Works quite well. May even get a salad if you want but I can't remember if that is considered appetizer.

The only actual restriction is just one entree. The wait staff don’t all appear to know the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sail April 1, 2018. We have 2 nights booked at Cagney's and 1 Moderno. We got the promo of 3 specialty dinners.

We have adjoining rooms with our children so we have 4 of us with the 3-day promo. Can we split meals and maybe stretch it to 4 days of meals on 3 days of promo? We don't eat much at a single sitting and hate to order food that won't be eaten? We prefer to order 3 meals for 4 people and share eating family style.