Life jackets needed for Muster Drill?

phabric

I will be on the Sapphire doing the Norwegian Fjords in July.

On some of the other cruise line, no life jackets are needed for the Muster Drill.

I can not remember if we need to bring the life jackets to the Muster Drill?

Why are you worried about life jackets now???????

We didn't have to take them on the Crown in December. And they now call it the Passenger Safety Assembly, which smacks of misleading corporate-speak. Plus there's the cutesy Love Boat video. The whole thing seems designed to remove any impression passengers might have that they're actually at sea on a ship and that bad things can happen.

I was sailing with a first-timer who was disinclined to take it seriously. I insisted he try on his life vest and, what do you know, even with a graduate degree in engineering, he still had trouble figuring out how to wrap the straps and so forth.

I'm telling you and mark my words: there will be a situation and someone will die because the whole emergency drill is now treated with less gravitas than when you go to see the maitre d' for a change in dining room tables.

Were there any hot dogs given out at the Mustard drill? I would really relish that!

Yes.

Mustard Monitors hand out hot dogs with relish, peppers, ketchup, and mustard, to all the little boys and girls who did not pay attention to the Captain’s announcement, CD’s announcement, or didn’t read ther Patter, to NOT take their life jackets to the drill. And brought them anyway. ;p.

And, then there are those PAXs asleep at the wheel, who do not attend the drill at all.

They will be the first to die if the ship goes down. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

I will be sure to ask my room Stewart to provide plenty of mustard for the mustard drill. Being Elite, I demand only the best: "Stewart! Gray Poupon! And don't forget EXTRA pats of butter!"

“Steward”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly many passengers whose first language was neither English nor Spanish, talked throughout the explanations in both English and Spanish. Even more sadly. crew did not ask them to be quiet

We had people talking over the explanation on another cruise line.. and they were native English speakers. I got the attention of one of the Muster monitors and told them we could not hear due to the talking. A quick statement from him got the group quiet.

“Steward”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently you missed seeing my tongue implanted firmly in cheek. I was referring to stewards being called "stewarts" here from time to time. The butter thing, well, scroll back through the forum for more in that (!).

On the Emerald out of Buenos Aires' date=' we did have to take our life jackets and practice putting them on. The monitors were very serious about shushing people and making them put their phones away.[/quote']

Just curious, how many years ago was that?