Do you collect memorablia of Cruise Ships and such? - Care to share?

CruiseAdict218

If you love all things cruise ships or ocean liners or anything, do you collect? I love collecting many different things from all cruise lines. Ive got three Carnival Past Guest Pins (Carnival Triumph, Celebration & Fantasy 2001) and two NCL Latitude Pins Guest pins (Norwegian Dream & S/S Norway). I also got a folder with a bunch of interesting memorabilia of Premier Cruise Line. I recently ordered from e-Bay a Carnival Cruise 1998 Fleet Brochure and the Crystal Harmony Farwell Season Pin. Do you collect anything interesting?

I collect past guest pins as well and have two (Carnival Miracle, Carnival Glory & searching for Carnival's Festivale); cruise ship models and ornaments (Miracle, Glory and Royal Caribbean Rhapsody). Models & ornaments were not sold when Festivale was part of Carnival's fleet, so they don't exist for her.

I also have the "Carnival Capers" - some from Festivale in 1992 and most of Miracle in 2006 and all for Glory, which are now called "Fun Times".

Last but not least - souvenir cups from Carnival (coconut monkeys, Drink of the Day plastic glasses and a "whale tale" funnel cup). I've got to get the new blowfish cup Carnival recently introduced.

I collect past guest pins as well and have two (Carnival Miracle, Carnival Glory & searching for Carnival's Festivale); cruise ship models and ornaments (Miracle, Glory and Royal Caribbean Rhapsody). Models & ornaments were not sold when Festivale was part of Carnival's fleet, so they don't exist for her.

I also have the "Carnival Capers" - some from Festivale in 1992 and most of Miracle in 2006 and all for Glory, which are now called "Fun Times".

Last but not least - souvenir cups from Carnival (coconut monkeys, Drink of the Day plastic glasses and a "whale tale" funnel cup). I've got to get the new blowfish cup Carnival recently introduced.

Nice, good luck on your Festivale Pin search and what are Carnival Capers? I also have those models you get on board, I have the Caribbean Princess, Royal Princess & Tahitian Princess(The model was made before her name change) While I havent been on all the Carnival ships since im a kid, i hopeing to collect all the pins, next I wanna get the Jubilee & Holiday none date pins

Edited by CruiseAdict218

If you love all things cruise ships or ocean liners or anything, do you collect? I love collecting many different things from all cruise lines. Ive got three Carnival Past Guest Pins (Carnival Triumph, Celebration & Fantasy 2001) and two NCL Latitude Pins Guest pins (Norwegian Dream & S/S Norway). I also got a folder with a bunch of interesting memorabilia of Premier Cruise Line. I recently ordered from e-Bay a Carnival Cruise 1998 Fleet Brochure and the Crystal Harmony Farwell Season Pin. Do you collect anything interesting?

Forgot to mention I have a RMS Queen Elizabeth Passenger List from 1952

Nice, good luck on your Festivale Pin search and what are Carnival Capers? I also have those models you get on board, I have the Caribbean Princess, Royal Princess & Tahitian Princess(The model was made before her name change) While I havent been on all the Carnival ships since im a kid, i hopeing to collect all the pins, next I wanna get the Jubilee & Holiday none date pins

The "Carnival Capers" was the former name of what is now the "Fun Times". I hope you're able to get the pins you're looking for.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

• 2 months later...

I've been sailing since I was a kid and I have a lot of items from "the olden days" from several of the transatlantic lines that did cruises as well and from the Home Lines and Incres Line. Back then, menus were dated, something like "Thursday - January 23, 1977 enroute to Aruba" and most of the menus are worthy of framing. I have passenger lists, luggage tags that still had the block "not wanted during voyage". Home Lines always gave passengers beautiful souvenirs: LaMouges (sp) plates, silk scarves, wallets, thermometers, key chains, ties, coasters, cologne, I have several of each (other than the cologne). Home Lines was always my family's favorite line. We would always do a winter multiple port cruise 10-15 days and a summer 7-dayer to Nassau or Bermuda. All out of NY and the winter cruises were not repetitive sailings one after another. Each was a different length (11-17 day, give or take) and the ports varied as well. I'd say up until around the mid-80's (when all the transatlantic lines disappeared and "cruise lines" were left, cruising was very, very different than what it is today.

Hi CruiseAdict218,

As a kid my Aunt took me on a cruise on P&O's S.S Oriana. I remember it was for 40 nights and the cruise was called 'Oriental Odyssey'. We cruised from Sydney, Australia up through the South Pacific then up into the lower parts of Asia. My Aunt paid for the biggest suite on the ship's top deck called Stadium Deck (S17 was the cabin). It must have cost her heaps! I knew that ship inside out and back to front. Sadly, it has since been scrapped due to damage whilst being a floating hotel for a company in Japan or China. If I was able to go onto it today, I would still know my way around.

On the ship I collected everything you could imagine...luggage stickers and labels, postcards, drink coasters, bar prices, ship maps, brochures, a towel, a model, pens, notepads, plus heaps more goodies. Most things I had at least 20 of each item (not the model or pens).

I did sell some of it on eBay a while back and was surprised at the amount of interest that is out there for cruise ship memorabilia. I do have some items left somewhere.

Recently we went on Freedom of the Seas and I purchased a cast, hand painted model of the ship as well as a keyring and pen. I will cherish this stuff and look after it forever. The memories I have of my two cruises, the latest with my own family will always bring back great memories, the goodies you collect help with those memories.

Happy and safe cruising!

John

Edited by TheBrowns
Added content.

• 3 weeks later...
I collect 1:1250 scale waterline models of ocean liners and cruise ships. I have about 300 models.

4008571092_6009c4f811_b.jpg

4008571680_9257956d97_b.jpg

4009264540_6b9f5165cd_b.jpg

4830140125_2db61b3e72_b.jpg

4830143927_4425d21783_b.jpg

WOW....And how long have you been collecting...and where do you find all of these ship models. Is it possible that these are all different?

Thanks for posting Pictures!

Mike

Edited by pscruzinboyz

• 1 month later...
I collect 1:1250 scale waterline models of ocean liners and cruise ships. I have about 300 models.

4008571092_6009c4f811_b.jpg

4008571680_9257956d97_b.jpg

4009264540_6b9f5165cd_b.jpg

4830140125_2db61b3e72_b.jpg

4830143927_4425d21783_b.jpg

Modelman, love your ship collection. Maybe you would be the one to ask...do you know if there was ever a ship model made for Carnival's Festivale? I was told by a Carnival rep last year that past guest pins, ship models and ornaments weren't made while Festivale was part of their fleet, but I later found out from collectors of past guest pins that there actually were past guest pins for Festivale, although they are rare. I've been checking Ebay for models but have never seen one, so those may not have existed but thought you might know for sure. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the gift shop, I buy the rubber magnet replica of the ship I am on.

Then, every port I visit, get a cheezy magnet with the name of the port on it.

I put the ship magnet on the fridge door, then underneath, the port magnets. I have quite a fleet of ships..lol.

Melanie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have been cruising for many years and I collect ashtrays from the ships. I have close to 60 ashtrays. Now-a-days they are very hard to come by.

Richard

I used to do a lot of collecting, mostly at substantial cost from the great ocean liners of the early 20th century. I probably dropped $25K on all my stuff. I also have all my cruise documents and some other things I grabbed off the ships I sailed on in later years. That's another bunch!

This page just shows my collection from ships I have NEVER been on. You can only imagine what I have from ships I HAVE been on!

http://villaamalfi.com/Liner.html

Not advertising, but all of this stuff is for sale. While I love it, I am moving on. I have my memories. A couple of items have already been sold, and I'm going to use the SS United States deck chair at our Florida house, along with, likely, the RMS Olympic fixture in, of all places, the laundry room! That sucker cost me $2500 13 years ago.

I really have to put the RMS Queen Elizabeth "builders certificate" up for auction. I tried to sell it to Cunard when they were fitting out the new QE, but no luck.

That is an incredible collection! I was going blind trying to identify all the ships!!

Kudos to you. I just have three, big models (Titanic, Lusitania and SS United States), two of which I built, and only the Almighty knows how I will transport them down to Florida when I move there!

Your models will be easy to ship!

Nice job!:)

• 1 month later...

I have a Christmas dinner invitation signed by Commodore Geoffrey Thrippleton Marr, the last captain of the RMS Queen Elizabeth. It is from December 25, 1968.

I was wondering what the best way to go about getting it appraised or sold would be. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John

RMS_QE_Invitation_Front_Small.jpg.89d03321f37e923dc1ce8fb6a2ecb8ce.jpg

RMS_QE_Invitation_Back_Small.jpg.6ccf0d88749a14dd61d6bfa908b573dc.jpg

I have a Christmas dinner invitation signed by Commodore Geoffrey Thrippleton Marr, the last captain of the RMS Queen Elizabeth. It is from December 25, 1968.

I was wondering what the best way to go about getting it appraised or sold would be. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John

Thanks pretty interesting, not sure about getting it appraised though.

Also adding onto the bunch, a Princess brochure of the Grand/Regal Princess to Canada/New England and a brochure of the Inaugural season of the Pride of Aloha.

If I had the money, I'd love to aquire a few things on the Canberra, she's one of my favs, even though I never had the chance to sail on her. :\

• 1 year later...